Mike Rosenbaum is a serial entrepreneur, who previously co-founded Deals Direct.
As the co-founder of spacer.com.au, the AirBnB of space, Mike now focuses his passion on the booming sharing economy, specifically helping people utilise their unutilised assets like storage and driveways.
What is the sharing economy? The Sharing Economy is a socio-economic ecosystem built around the sharing of human, physical and intellectual resources. It includes the shared creation, production, distribution, trade and consumption of goods and services by different people and organisations.
Mike is also a major investor in some of the top sharing economy platforms globally.
So listen in as Mike:
- Talks about his nerd pilgrimage to Silicon Valley
- Explains the share economy and why it’s so important to business owners going forward
- And how he’s launched and marketed Spacer
I also share another low cost marketing idea in What Have You Got To Lose? Today’s idea will show you how to get maximum exposure for your top blog and social posts.
And we go back into The Small Business Big Marketing vault, revisiting a past episode in which we caught up with the girls from Frank Body Scrub – a beautifully simple business that went from naught to plenty very, very quickly!
Yep, another big episode of your favourite marketing podcast. Let’s go!
00:00 Two marketing insights
01:44 Welcome & overview
03:32 How to breathe life back in to your blog
06:58 Insights into Workplace Assured
08:26 Today’s guest introduction – Mike Rosenbaum
09:25 Interview with Mike Rosenbaum
42:35 Insights into Key Person of Influence
43:49 My Top 3 Attention Grabbers from my chat with Mike Rosenbaum
45:45 Wrap-up and an insight in to both a past guest & next week’s guest
MY TOP 3 MARKETING ATTENTION GRABBERS
- In the early days of your business, do things that don’t scale. I love how Mike got out and did some local area marketing. In fact, I’d argue that no matter what the age of your business, every now and then it’s OK to do things that don’t scale.
- Rotation marketing – Too many business owners get stuck doing the same old marketing and wonder why it’s not working. I love Mike’s idea of rotation marketing that enables him to constantly trial new marketing ideas.
- Create value – in fact, create extreme value. How can you enhance your offer to customers so that they simply can’t say “NO!”? I try to do this with The Small Business Big Marketing Club, where for one low monthly fee of $67, you get me answering your marketing questions, access to training videos, webinars, and interviews I don’t post on iTunes.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
Workplace Assured – Worry less about your employer obligations
Check out their FREE advice line for employers
Key Person of Influence – Become highly valued & highly paid
Grab a FREE hard or audio copy of their Amazon best-seller
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.