Pam Brook went from a dentist to the co-founder of award winning food manufacturer Brookfarm, which she established near Byron Bay with her husband Martin (who was an ex-film producer!) in 1999. Brookfarm is now Australia’s leading producer of gourmet macadamia products.
What struck me most about Pam when I met her was her eclectic mix of solid business acumen, her passion for what she does and her laid-back style.
Listen in as we cover some serious marketing ground including:
- How Pam and her hubby are building an empire in their family-run, award-winning macadamia farm Brookfarm
- Pam’s take on effective networking, what that means and how to do it
- Pam’s strategy for dealing with the stress of a growing business
- Brookfarm’s focus on sustainable farming practices and the connection between food and the land it comes from
But that’s not all. In this episode of your favourite marketing podcast:
- My low cost marketing idea in What Have You Got To Lose? will literally make you and your customers go WOW!
- And we go back into the SBBM vault, revisiting a recent episode with the founder of a tiny house concept called Shacky.
As per usual, there’s marketing gold dripping from the ceiling over at Small Business Big Marketing’s HQ … So let’s get right in.
00:00 Two marketing Insight
01:49 Welcome & overview
03:18 Insights into The Small Business Outsourcing Tour to the Philippines and Castaway Awards
05:29 Today’s guest introduction – Pam Brook
07:09 Interview with Pam Brook
41:53 Insights into Cornerstone Business Solutions
43:59 Insights into into Key Person of Influence and The Small Business Big Marketing Club
47:17 My Top 3 Attention Grabbers from my chat with Pam Brook
49:11 How to create a little WOW! to grow your business
52:12 Wrap-up and an insight in to both a past guest & next week’s guest
MY TOP 3 MARKETING ATTENTION GRABBERS
- Clever businesses solve problems REALLY well. How well are you solving your customer’s’ problems? What could you do to solve them even better?.
- Don’t do what you’re not good at. This week, identify 3 tasks you could hand over to someone else to do. Then call Cornerstone to find a virtual team member who’ll take them off your hands.
- Network. Really network! Business owners up in the Byron area are truly helping to build each other’s businesses through the smart exchange of knowledge and resources, not just business cards.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
Get access to the 9 steps involved in creating highly profitable partnerships from Key Person of Influence’s Glen Carlson inside The Small Business Big Marketing Club
Key Person of Influence – Become highly valued & highly paid
Grab a FREE hard or audio copy of their Amazon best-seller.
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.