Are you wondering how to generate more leads? Excellent. Then join me, as I chat with serial entrepreneur Clay Clark (of Thrive15) who’s launched nine successful business, including a membership-based men’s hairdressers called Elephant In The Room!
Clay Clark started his first business, DJ Connection, out of his college dorm room, grew it to 4,000 events per year and sold it becoming Entrepreneur of the Year as a 20-year-old. Clark later when on to launch nine successful businesses in a variety of industries and has been doing business consulting for the last 10 years. He now mentors millions online with Thrive15.com.
Join me as we discuss:
- How to generate more leads
- How and why to charge a monthly membership
- The art of being generous
- And plenty of more marketing ideas
PLUS in today’s episode of Australia’s best marketing podcast, I help a listener with some ideas about how to create remarkable marketing in an industry he considers to be boring and occasionally upsetting!
You ready? Excellent. Let’s do this …
00:36 Welcome & overview
02:58 Time for a check-in on the week
04:55 Today’s guest introduction – Clay Clark
07:10 Interview with Clay Clark – Part 1
20:13 Insights in to 99Designs & Netregistry
33:21 Interview with Clay Clark – Part 2
32:05 My top 3 marketing learnings fro my chat with Clay Clark
36:08 Listener Questions
41:05 Listener Feedback
43:32 Motivational marketing quote of the week
44:03 Wrap-up and insights in to next week’s guests
EPISODE SPONSORS (PLEASE SUPPORT THEM)
Netregistry special offer – Get your online marketing sorted. Websites from $79 / month.
99Designs free coupon – Get a design you’ll love. in 7-days. 100% guaranteed.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
Other Thrive15 guests who’ve appeared on this podcast:
- Arthur Greeno on how to create remarkable marketing
- Dr. Robert Zoellner on how to create a point-of-difference in a crowded marketplace
(GO ON, SHARE THE LOVE, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO)
MY TOP 3 MARKETING TIPS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Identify your top 100 ideal buyers and begin targeting them – you can grab a free copy of the book The Ultimate Sales Machine here.
- Figure out how you can create a product or service that will enable you to charge a monthly membership fee for – who would have thought a men’s hairdressers could do that?!
- Be generous. Clay asked me (unprompted) after the interview where was the win / win in which we could both help each other grow our businesses. What a great question to ask. He then offered to help me grow my listener audience. Very kind 🙂
INSPIRATIONAL MARKETING QUOTE
“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over, and over, and over agin. And that’s why I succeed.””
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.