Australia’s best-selling small business author, Andrew Griffiths, joins me for the 10th episode of Funny Business. This time around we’re keeping it upbeat with the theme of celebration. Andrew shares his insights into the importance of celebrating business milestones, of being proud of everything you do in work, and of celebrating your customer relationships.
Plus, we give you some tips on how to avoid becoming isolated in business, and how to switch off from work when your phone won’t stop buzzing. So, let’s get into it! Oh, plus there’s a little bit of nudity thrown in for good measure ;0)
In this session of Small Business Big Marketing, you’ll discover:
- Why now is a better time than ever to be a small business owner
- How “pop up stores” can impact positively on other local businesses
- Why using a “hard sell” approach in webinars is totally ineffective
- How things happening in your personal life have an impact on business (and how to overcome this)
- The importance of generating a solid relationship with your consumers or client base
- How to be your own business barometer
- Why taking time out to read the business books gathering dust on your shelves is a great idea
- How you can switch off from work as a small business owner
- Why isolating yourself in your home office could have a negative impact on your business communication skills
- The benefits of not checking email too regularly
- Why it’s essential that you celebrate your business milestones to maintain motivation
- 5.00 What is wrong with so many webinars?
- 8.00 The boom of pop up stores
- 15.00 Using Fiverr to create “celebrity” voiceover endorsements
- 18.40 Be careful of what you reflect in business
- 27.00 Is it possible to switch off from work as a small business owner?
- 41.00 How to overcome business isolation
- 49.00 Celebrating the 200th podcast
- 55.20 The essential takeaway from this episode: celebrate, celebrate, celebrate
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Andrew Griffiths’ website
- Fiverr.com – buy celebrity testimonials
- Netregistry answers your marketing questions for free
- Swiftly.com – for small design jobs
- The Small Business Big Marketing online community
Enjoy this episode? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
Click here to visit our Facebook page and leave a comment about the show.
Click here to tell us on Twitter what you thought of the show.
Subscribe to the Small Business Big Marketing podcast
Join the Small Business Big Marketing online community
We’re building something big over at the Small Business Big Marketing online community forum. Drop by and say hi – soak up some marketing gold!
Over to you!
Let us know YOUR key takeaways from this episode by leaving a comment below. I personally read and respond to every comment!