Dave Munson is a great story-teller. Oh, and he happens to own a small business – Saddleback Leather. They make and sell leather bags that Indiana Jones would be happy to carry.
Integrating his amazing story-telling skills in to his website copy, marketing video scripts, and even his voice-mail, Dave has managed to create a highly engaging and emotional brand in an industry that isn’t known for its charm.
So join Dave and I for a fireside chat as he shares:
- How to integrate story-telling in to your marketing
- Why story-telling is an important copy strategy
- Why to avoid always looking for the sales angle
- How to be genuine and authentic in your story-telling
- How story-telling can reduce your customers’ price sensitivity
Oh, and we talk about this fantastic vdieo he’s created showing people how to knock off one of his bags:
Plus I share some feedback from a motivated listener who’s making big inroads in to implementing the ideas she’s picking up by listening to this show.
Yep, another episode dripping with marketing gold. Let’s do this …
00:52 Welcome & overview
02:52 Listener feedback about taking action
05:17 Insights in to 99Designs and Netregistry
07:26 Introducing today’s guest Dave Munson of Saddleback Leather
09:35 Interview withDave Munson
36:59 My Top 5 Marketing Ideas from this interview
39:13 Motivational marketing quote of the week
39:29 Wrap-up and insights in to next week’s guests
EPISODE SPONSORS (PLEASE SUPPORT THEM)
Netregistry special offer – Get your online marketing sorted. Websites from $79 / month.
99Designs free coupon – Get a design you’ll love. in 7-days. 100% guaranteed.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
Contact Dave Munson on Twitter
Join the Small Business Big Marketing Forum
MY TOP 5 MARKETING TIPS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Always be on the look out for stories to tell in your business.
- Don’t always look for the sales angle.
- Look for ways to personalise your marketing with stories about you, the business owner. And in doing so, be genuine and authentic.
- In sales, people buy from people they have a relationship with. Storytelling helps you build that relationship.
- People become less price sensitive when you educate them about quality.
(GO ON, SHARE THE LOVE, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO)
INSPIRATIONAL MARKETING QUOTE
“On average, five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy. When you have written the headline, you have spent 80 cents of your dollar.”
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-hahahha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.