Bryan Singer co-founded Rip Curl in the 1960s and today it’s one of the worlds most iconic surf brands. In this revealing interview Bryan takes us deep inside the Rip Curl tent where he shares:
- How the business came to be.
- Stories behind the early days of operating out of a small shop with one sewing machine.
- Why the name Rip Curl.
- What that moment was like when he realised they were on to something.
- How they managed incredible growth and went global.
- How they managed the scarier times.
- The importance of brand values and company values (and what the difference is).
- How they go about seeking customer feedback.
- He even shares how he’d like to be remembered.
Oh, and the quote of the interview? When asked how Rip Curl began, Bryan responds …
“We were just looking for a quid to fund our next surfing holiday.”
**Warning – the audio quality is a bit hit and miss on this interview. Bryan was shuffling papers which was a little distracting at times. But if you persevere you’ll pick up some gold ;0) **
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode ..
Marketing Coaching with Timbo – Email me at tim(at)smallbusinessbigmarketing(dot)com if you’d like to enquire about my Marketing Coaching package – I’ll set up a 15-minute Discovery Call where I’ll be able to establish if I can help you move your business forward.
Join the marketing discussion beyond my podcast …
For in-depth marketing discussion, join the Small Business Big Marketing LinkedIn Group.
See the lighter side of marketing on the Small Business Big Marketing Facebook Page.
Receive small business marketing tips on the Small Business Big Marketing Twitter feed.
Leave a review for Small Business Big Marketing in iTunes. It’s a rankings thing ;0)
I’ve personally created these marketing training products in response to listener feedback …
Site Boost – Discover the characteristics of a successful website.
Spotlight – I create an exclusive podcast episode solving the marketing challenges of your business.
List Builder – How to build an email subscriber list … Fast.
Online Marketing Communications Masterclass – This is all about getting found online.