In 10 years, Authentic Education’s Cham Tang has turned a $2M marketing spend into $25M in revenue. Ka-ching! And he joins us to share 6 proven marketing strategies for small business that helped him get there. It’s a chin-scratching episode 504 of The (award-winning) Small Business Big Marketing podcast.
Cham Tang is the co-founder of Authentic Education, a multi-million dollar training company that specialises in helping business owners take back control of their marketing. Sounds like a good idea for a podcast! Since launching in 2010, Cham has spent $2M on marketing that’s generated $25M in revenues. Plus his business was selected by BRW Magazine as a BRW Fast 100 Company not once, but twice. No mean feat! Today Cham’s here to share 6 proven marketing strategies that are working for his business right now, in the middle of this global crisis we’re all battling to navigate our way through. In fact, despite Authentic Education historically being a live event business, it’s actually thriving, with profit margins increasing by 25%, plus Cham’s managed to keep all 15 staff on with full pay and full hours.
Cham Tang of Authentic Education’s 6 proven small business marketing strategies
- Use video as an education tool for all three stages of your marketing funnel (awareness, consideration, conversion).
- Be the face of your business.
- Create evergreen marketing and sales funnels.
- Accept that Facebook ads are cheaper.
- Create a SMS marketing strategy.
- Focus on what matters in your business.
Timbo’s Top 3 Attention Grabbers from his chat with Authentic Education’s Cham Tang
- I loved Cham’s mindset around using Zoom for all three stages of the marketing funnel. How can your business take advantage of video?
- I love Cham’s use of SMS marketing. I gotta say, my phone is the place where I receive the least amount of marketing.
- I love Cham’s idea of being the face of your business. Like he said, “Everyone else is scared!” which makes it a real competitive advantage.
Links & resources mentioned in episode 504
Register here for Cham’s free one-day marketing course
Join Authentic Education on Facebook
Other episodes dedicated to marketing tips:
SEO Tips for Small Business with Dana Ditomaso – Part 1
SEO Tips for Small Business with Dana Ditomaso – Part 2
How to nail your business pitch
Last week’s episode – Gardener Bryan Clayton has created the Uber of lawn care (and he’s cleaning up!)
This week’s Monster Prize Draw winner
Maths tutor Jason Ursino of Learning Space
Thanks for tuning in. I’d love to hear your thoughts or questions about this episode, so feel free to leave them below …