After escaping the corporate cubicle in 2008, Stone & Wood’s Jamie Cook is a self-confessed corporate refugee – one who’s gone on to build the largest privately owned brewery in Australia and also happens to brew my favourite beer!
Stone & Wood co-owner Jamie Cook shares some unbelievable insights into taking risks, managing crazy growth and some solid brand-building ideas.
Listen in as we cover some serious marketing ground including:
- How Stone & Wood grew to have a turnover of $60 million and a sales volume of 12 million litres annually … in an insanely competitive marketplace.
- Why they’ve resisted selling for hundreds of millions to the big brewers
- How these little breweries are doing some very cool marketing and get the power of branding, big time.
- Why community is key to their growth
- How they started slow by literally buying punters one beer at a time
- Stakeholder loyalty and their strategies for growth
But that’s not all. In this episode of your favourite marketing podcast:
- I share another low cost marketing idea in What Have You Got To Lose?
How to extend the life of your best helpful content.
- And we go way back into The Small Business Big Marketing Show’s vault, revisiting a chat I had with my personal mentor Mr. Motivation himself, Keith Abraham.
As per usual, there’s marketing gold dripping from the ceiling over at Small Business Big Marketing’s HQ… So let’s get right in.
00:00 Insight in to Cornerstone
01:12 Welcome & overview
03:11 Insights into The Small Business Outsourcing Tour to the Philippines
05:11 Today’s guest introduction – Jamie Cook
07:10 Interview with Jamie Cook
46:16 Insights into Cornerstone Business Solutions
47:59 My Top 3 Attention Grabbers from my chat with Jamie Cook
49:48 How to make sure your content is “Stayin’ Alive”!
53:00 Wrap-up and an insight in to both a past guest & next week’s guest
MY TOP 3 MARKETING ATTENTION GRABBERS
- “The Neck Snap.” I look for emotional language in the emails listeners send and the reviews they leave on iTunes. What signal do you look for from customers that confirms you’re onto something special?
- Add value to all your stakeholders. So many business owners take their suppliers for granted, or ignore their local community or the environment. Create a business people want to work for and suppliers want to supply.
- Unwavering focus on brand. How can we get people to connect emotionally with the brand? Ask yourself this, then action the ideas that come out of it. You’ll build a brand in no time.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
What Have You Got To Lose – How to keep your helpful content alive
Here are some other podcasts of done with beer brewers:
Cornerstone Business Solutions
Reduce your business running costs by up to 70%
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.