Carl Hartmann knows how to grow and scale businesses … from scratch.
In fact, he’s one of Australia’s leading serial entrepreneurs, having taken his first idea – Temando – to over 80,000 users, 3-billion transactions and over $55M in funding.
And today, he shares his 5 tips for growing and scaling your business.
A little bit more about serial entrepreneur Carl Hartmann …
Carl Hartmann is a prominent, multi-award winning Australian entrepreneur best known from his work as Co-Founder & CEO of Temando which he took from an idea to one of Australia’s largest technology companies.
Having exited Temando in 2017, Carl now spends his time looking for the next big thing, investing in companies that make him sit up and take notice.
In fact, he’s the co-founder of Lyre’s non-alcoholic spirits – remember we interviewed founder Mark Livings a couple of weeks ago?
So strap in as Carl:
- Shares the ups and downs of his entrepreneurial journey
- Give us his top 5 tips on how to scale a business just like yours
- And every now and then bamboozles me with tech talk that’s way beyond my limit!
Here’s what caught my attention from my chat with serial entrepreneur Carl Hartmann:
- Be an evangelist for your business. If you can’t, then maybe it’s time to reset your mindset or get out!
- I love Carl’s generosity of giving back. Whether it be through his adjunct professorship at Queensland Uni, or simply allowing would-be entrepreneurs to pick his brain … it’s great to see people who have made it, giving back.
- Stay focussed by avoiding rabbit holes.
Carl Hartmann Interview Transcription
Carl Hartmann welcome to the small business big marketing show.
Thanks for having me, Tim.
Now amongst other business titles, I see you are the Adjunct Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Queensland. So does that make you like a modern day Dumbledore?
- Carl Hartmann on LinkedIN
- Businesses that Carl has started include:
- Last week’s interview with Robbie Bell on how to offer amazing service as a wholesaler
- Interviews I’ve done with other highly successful entrepreneurs:
- Andrew Banks from Morgan & Banks
- James Chin-Moody from Sendle
- Actually, pretty much any of the 460+ interviews you’ll find here are with successful entrepreneurs
This week’s winner of the Monster Prize Draw is:
- Lane of TrackAbout.com.au and offroad campers and trailers business.
“Seriously … hire good people. Business is a team sport.”
– Carl Hartmann,
Please support the following businesses who make this show possible:
Learn highly effective marketing strategies directly from the co-founder of a BRW Fast 100 Company at events that are happening around Australia in June and July 2019.
Let your business expenses reward you. Every year.
Partner with Australia’s #1 online business directory for all your digital marketing needs.
Australia’s Internet isn’t great. That’s why Switchnode exist. The solution is here and it’s wireless.
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know by leaving a comment below.
May your marketing be the best marketing.