You know those healthy snack boxes that get delivered to businesses around Australia? Not the ones with Freddo Frogs and Caramello Koalas in them … I’m talking about the ones with Wasabi-flavoured peas and Organic Popcorn. Well … you and I are about to meet the fella who started that business. How dare he bring healthy snacking to the workplace!
A little bit more about Snackwize founder Conor Reynolds …
Conor Reynolds is a corporate health and well-being expert, as well as the founder of SnackWize … Australia’s #1 monthly subscription healthy snack service that delivers healthy snacks straight to your office.
Like I said at the top of the show … Conor’s not delivering yummy chocolate snacks or fatty potato chips… we’re talking Veggie Crisps and Raw Cacao Cookies!
But clearly there’s a market for it, as Snackwize is going gang-busters. Since its launch in 2016, the business has experienced rapid growth in Australia, doubling its revenue year-on-year and quintupling its client base, delivering tens of thousands of snacks to blue chip clients including Uber, Universal Studios, Deloitte, Red Bull and Samsung, to name a few.
Conor’s recently launched Snackwize in New Zealand, and he’s just finished a successful capital raising of half a million dollars!
Here’s what caught my attention from my chat with Snackwize founder Conor Reynolds:
- I love how (despite the fact that Snackwize is not yet an empire), Conor has embraced publicity as a major marketing strategy. I’ll put the press release he sent me in the show notes to give you an idea of what best practice looks like.
- I love his pricing model. Any recurring monthly income business gets my attention straight away.
- And I love the fact that Conor went out of his way to listen to his customers.
“Publicity has been by far and away our best source of creating brand awareness and generating leads.”
– Conor Reynolds,
Conor Reynolds Interview Transcription
Conor got to start with the big question the hard-hitting question what’s your favourite snack?
Good question to start off with. I’m a bit of a beef jerky fan myself, Tim. So it is either a hate or love relationship with people with beef jerky literally love or you hate it. But I love it. That’s my favourite snack.
Resources mentioned in episode 472 of The Small Business Big Marketing Show:
- The official Snackwize website
- The Snackwize press release Timbo mentions
- Interview with The E Myth’s Michael Gerber
- The Idea Exchange powered by American Express (you’ll find Timbo’s new podcast here September 11, 2019)
- Last week’s interview with online poker champion Chis Sparks
- Interviews I’ve done with other healthy business owners:
The winner of this week’s Monster Prize Draw
Garrett Addisson of online adult toy store Top Drawer Essentials
Please support the following businesses who make this show possible:
Let your business expenses reward you. Every year.
Australia’s Internet isn’t great. That’s why Switchnode exist. The solution is here and it’s wireless.
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know by leaving a comment below.