One of Australia’s leading mobile personal trainers joins us to share how he’s building a fitness empire that’s already servicing over 2,000 suburbs across Australia.
A little bit more about Fitness Enhancement’s Scott Hunt …
In 1999, with just $400 in his pocket and a dream to make an impact on the Australian personal training scene, 19 year old Scott Hunt started Fitness Enhancement Personal Training. Today it’s the largest mobile personal training business in Australia servicing over 2,000 suburbs, and it was just recognised in the top 5 PT businesses in Australia (and number 1 in Queensland) by the industry’s governing body.
Scott joined me in my Noosa studio where he shares:
- The secrets to his business’s success
- What frustrates him about his poorly regulated industry and what he’s doing about it
- How he’s attracting only A-Players into the business
- Along with some of his most effective marketing strategies
Here’s what caught my attention from my chat with Fitness Enhancement’s Scott Hunt:
- I love Scott’s view on the importance of maintaining quality customer service, no matter how many employees or franchisees you may have.
- I love the fact that Scott has put together in depth training courses that include exams for all new franchisees.
- I love Scott’s focus on first and foremost chasing repeat business as opposed to the constant hunt for new clients.
“We’re heavily focussed on maintaining strong customer service … growth and expansion as well .. but we have a real focus on keeping and maintaining that quality of service.”
Scott Hunt Interview Transcription
Scott Hunt. Welcome to the small business big marketing show finally.
Lovely to have you here mate. Now personal trainer tell us about the most interesting session with a client that you’ve ever had and don’t hold back?
Resources mentioned in episode 474 of The Small Business Big Marketing Show:
- Fitness Enhancement’s website
- Scott Hunt on LinkedIN
- Last week’s interview was with video marketing specialists Geoff Anderson
- Interviews I’ve done with other fitness / wellness-related specialists:
The winner of this week’s Monster Prize Draw
Gordon Gnohm of ecosystem building company TheGordonGnohm
Please support the following businesses who make this show possible:
Let your business expenses reward you. Every year.
Australia’s Internet isn’t great. That’s why Switchnode exist. The solution is here and it’s wireless.
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know by leaving a comment below.
May your marketing be the best marketing.