Masseuse to the stars (we’re talking Kylie, Sir Richard Branson & Tony Robbins), Kym Power shares how she’s built Australia’s largest independent supplier of in-room massage services to over 900 4 and 5-star hotels across Australia. It’s a star-studded episode 477 of The (award-winning) Small Business Big Marketing Show.
A little bit more about Rejuvenator’s Kym Power …
So I was emceeing an event recently for American Express at Brisbane’s beautiful Carlisle Hotel where I met today’s guest, Kym Power. She actually came up to me afterwards and said what a great job I’d done … so, of course, she had my full attention!
Anyway, it turns out she’s the founder of that business that places cards in 4 and 5-star hotel rooms around Australia offering mobile massage services. And she’s been doing it since 1993.
Kym now has over 90 massage therapists working for her in every state of Australia, which has allowed her to focus on her own personal brand and side-business in which she is the go-to masseur for the big stars that come to Australia.
Now, don’t let Kym’s relaxed nature fool you … she’s well and truly experienced the ups and downs of starting, growing and scaling a small business, and as she says herself, her “dogged determination has enabled her to create a quality of life that her teenage self would never have dreamt possible!”
She kindly made the trip up from Brisbane for this interview, and I was lucky enough to enjoy a two-hour massage from her the night before she joined me in my Noosa studio where we talked about:
- How and why she launched Rejuvenators
- How she strikes partnerships with the big hotel chains
- The moment during her business journey where she stood to lose everything
- How she gets some of the world’s biggest celebs as clients
- The role marketing plays in her business
Here’s what caught my attention from my chat with Rejuvenator’s Kym Power:
- I love the fact that she implemented systems and processes early on in the business’s growth.
- I love the fact she clearly recognises that people buy from people, as opposed to brands or businesses. She’s proved this by the fact that she could have easily enough launched a second iteration of Rejuvenators if she’d lost that Supreme Court battle, and brought the majority of her clients across with her.
- And I love how she’s focussed on building strong partnerships with all the big hotel chains across Australia.
Kym Power Interview Transcription
Kym Power. Welcome to the small business big marketing show.
Thank you. It was a pleasure to be here.
Do you feel successful?
Resources mentioned in episode 477 of The Small Business Big Marketing Show:
- Rejuventaor’s official website – Use discount code 10timbo for 10% off all services
- Kym Power’s personal brand website
- Last week’s interview with Surefire Board’s Mick Slattery
- Interviews I’ve done with other celebrities:
- Interview with LA concierge to the stars Steve Simms (his clients include Elton John and Elon Musk)
- Interview with Michelle Bridges (on how she built such a strong personal brand)
- Interview with AFL Legend Matthew Pavlich (on creating a business-life after football)
The winner of this week’s Monster Prize Draw
Andrew Simpson of My Health Team
Please support the following businesses who make this show possible:
Let your business expenses reward you. Every year.
Check out their online marketing packages tailored for businesses just like yours.
Australia’s Internet isn’t great. That’s why Switchnode exist. The solution is here and it’s wireless.
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know by leaving a comment below.
May your marketing be the best marketing.