Ex Science teacher turned entrepreneur Ben Newsome reveals the marketing ideas that helped him build an empire| The secret to finding anyone’s email address | How to never run out of solid content ideas | How a little black dress lead to a big idea.
Today on your favourite marketing podcast, successful business owner is Ben Newsome of Fizzics Education. He used to be a Science teacher, until the entrepreneurial bug bit him in 2004. Now he has staff all over Australia delivering interactive science workshops and shows to schools, retirement homes … even prisons!
In fact, in the past 12-months they’ve entertained and educated over 300,000 kids alone with their crazy brand of scientific mayhem!
Now, Ben’s been a long time listener of this show, and has a huge respect for the power of marketing; hence my interest in getting him on.
During this chat, he generously shares the top 3 marketing strategies that have impacted most on his business’s growth, the importance of being entertaining in order to get a message across and plenty more marketing gold.
But the marketing gold doesn’t stop there, in this episode you’ll also discover:
- Resident techspert Dale Beaumont from 52 Ways gives us the secret to finding anyone’s email address at the click of a button
- I’ll show you how to never run out of solid content ideas
- And we go back into The Small Business Big Marketing Show’s vault, revisiting a past episode in with a bloke who’s business idea came to him whilst he was hanging out his wife’s LBD!
Here’s what caught my attention from chatting with Ben Newsome of Fizzics Education:
- 100 Free Science Experiments. This is genius. Not only will it create massive goodwill amongst teachers who may one day book Ben and his team, but the amount of Google Juice it would create is off the charts.
- Creating an employee brand. Ben has worked hard at creating a look, feel and environment that attracts and retains great people. That alone is good for business …. Plus it means his HR costs are minimal.
- Ben’s sustained enthusiasm for marketing. I gotta say, I don’t see this enough. I see a lot of enthusiasm, just not sustained enthusiasm, where the business owner truly respects the power of marketing to the point that it’s constantly on their mind, where they’re trying to figure out how to improve on what’s already working and what to introduce into the mix next.
Links & Resources mentioned:
- Fizzics Education’s website
- Blog post containing more marketing ideas from Ben
- How to never run out of helpful content ideas
- How to find anyone’s email address
- Interview with Scott Boocock, Founder of HEGs
Please support these businesses who make this show possible:
Dale Beaumont’s 52 Ways – An amazing free 1-day live event for business owners where you’ll discover 52 ways to boost your business profits. Seats are limited. Book now.
Cornerstone – Save 70% off your running costs by offshoring to The Philippines. Book a free feasibility assessment now.
If some thing in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know. Leave your thoughts below.
May your marketing be the best marketing.