Thanks to Darren Finkelstien of St.Kilda Boat Sales for this great online marketing question. I trust the answer below provided by an online marketing expert at Netregistry brings you closer to getting your online marketing sorted.
Social media is an important part of your business and you need to ensure that you are not automating the process to reduce time and get social media active. There are tools that can help you monitor and track your social media strategy. However you need to invest time to start a meaningful conversation.
If you are looking at reducing time on Social media then maybe follow some of my Golden rules of Social media
1) Don’t publish the same content across multiple social sites. There might be a strong possibility that your followers /customers are following you on multiple sites. It can get as annoying as getting 5 emails from one company in 2 minutes.
2) Don’t blindly forward content on your networks.
3) Don’t post of social media because you want to seem as active.
4) Listen on social media and then react.
5) No one likes people who only talk and don’t listen.
6) Follow Industry leaders and share views.
7) Do not delete any bad comments on your profile.
8) Avoid posting promos and specials in a regular basis.