Having started his male skincare range 8-years ago, he’s now taking on the likes of L’Oreal and other big skincare manufacturers … and winning.
Listen in as Michael explains how he’s built Milk & Co into a global male skincare powerhouse. I interviewed Michael way back in episode 6 of The Small Business Big Marketing Podcast and since then he has gone from 3 products to 60, going up against some pretty big competition, and implementing a distribution strategy that would be the envy of many FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) manufacturers.
We cover plenty of ground in this chat including:
- How he’s applied his time as an Olympian to growing a successful small business
- We talk about the power of goal-setting
- I ask him how his public profile has helped grow his business
- He shares his biggest challenges and hurdles – yes, even Olympians have them!
The marketing gold doesn’t stop there … I share another low cost marketing idea for you to implement immediately in our new segment lovingly called What Have You Got To Lose? This week’s idea is all about how and why to become a master blog commenter.
And we revisit a past episode in which I spoke to high-flying corporate couple turned cold pressed juice entrepreneurs Nat and Steve.
00:00 Love for Key Person of Influence & WebCentral
01:33 Welcome & overview
03:33 Today’s guest introduction – Michael Klim of Milk & Co
05:50 Interview with Michael Klim of Milk & Co
42:24 Insights into Key Person of Influence & WebCentral
45:00 My Top 3 Attention Grabbers from my chat with Michael Klim of Milk & Co
47:20 What Have You Got To Lose?
50:40 Wrap-up and an insight into both a past guest & next week’s guest
MY TOP 3 MARKETING ATTENTION GRABBERS
- Set goals. As boring as this may sound to some (including me), it’s clearly a strategy that works. In fact, there’s some solid discussion happening inside the the Small Business Big Marketing Club at the moment as we head into the new year.
- Be accessible. For someone with Michael’s high profile, he’s incredibly friendly, approachable and accessible. This is a no-cost strategy that you can implement today
- Don’t be afraid to touch-up your brand. This has been mentioned in numerous episodes, but it’s worth reiterating. If you haven’t made some improvements to your visual brand identity (Touch Points like your logo, stationery, website, signage) since starting your business, then it’s not a bad thing to consider. Think of it as a bit of a Spring clean – just don’t wait until Spring! Some great resources to get you started are DesignCrowd.com and WebCentral.com.au.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
Use discount code Timbo for a whopping 25% discount off all Milk & Co. products
What Have You Got To Lose? – How and why to become a master blog commenter
WebCentral – Exclusive listener offers
Get your online marketing sorted with these exclusive listener offers.
Key Person of Influence – Become highly valued & highly paid
Grab a FREE hard or audio copy of their Amazon best-seller.
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.