Nick Holloway is the co-founder of Nu Nu, an idyllic restaurant in Palm Cove, Far North Queensland. He’s also been a guest celebrity chef on the TV hit series MasterChef.
Not only is Nu Nu ideally located right on the sand, it’s also highly awarded with accolades including being ranked in Gourmet Traveller’s Top 100 Australian restaurants for six years running.
I first met Nick a few weeks ago in the middle of a cane field between Cairns and Port Douglas – he was cooking for 600 plumbers and electricians as part of a conference for the Laser Group at which I was a keynote speaker.
Nick himself is a passionate foodie, so much so that he was chosen to be a guest chef on the top-rating reality cooking show Masterchef for the past two years. What that did for his personal and business brands? Well, you’re about to find out.
He’s also a stickler for creating an unforgettable customer experience, and a brand people love and talk about for years to come. Topics we cover in great depth during our chat.
In the cutthroat world of hospitality, Nick’s list of achievements is impressive.
But the marketing gold doesn’t stop there, in this episode you’ll also discover:
- Resident techspert Dale Beaumont from 52 Ways shares a great way to secure all your social media usernames
- I share another low cost marketing idea that’ll help you get more love from your precious customers
- And we go back into The Small Business Big Marketing Show’s vault, revisiting a past interview with a business owner who had her product featured at this year’s Oscars!
Here’s what caught my attention from chatting with Nick Holloway of Nu Nu:
- Opportunities come from relationships, so spend time nurturing and building as many relationships as you can. If you want a place to start, then revisit that idea I shared recently about never eating along. I’ll drop a link in the shownotes.
- I find Nick’s amusement at the validation he got from being on Masterchef quite amusing! Getting a little media coverage can be so powerful. So look for opportunities – you could start by simply calling talk-back radio stations and contributing to topics of interest. Plus I’ve dropped a link to a past interview in the shownotes in which media ninja Sam Elam shared some great tips on getting free media.
- Run towards things, not away from them.
Links & Resources mentioned:
- Nu Nu website
- Customer Reviews – How to get & use them effectively
- Search for an available username or domain and secure your brand across the internet
- Why (as a business owner) you should never eat alone
- Interview with Kara Lauder of The Kader Boot Co.
Please support these businesses who make this show possible:
Dale Beaumont’s 52 Ways – An amazing free 1-day live event for business owners where you’ll discover 52 ways to boost your business profits. Seats are limited. Book now.
If some thing in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know. Leave your thoughts below.
May your marketing be the best marketing.