Kara Lauder is a mum of one (soon to be two), lives in The Pilbara, works in the kmines and is the proud founder of The Kader Boot Co … and boy oh boy, the product launch strategies she’s put in place to ensure her business succeeds are nothing short of genius.
From the quality of her boots, to implementing a far-reaching marketing ideas that include a clever use of social influencers, video, social media (particularly Instagram), selling at local markets and plenty more. She’s also very clear on what her brand stands for, which impacts what she will and won’t get involved with.
Here’s what caught my attention from chatting with Kara Lauder of The Kader Boot Co. :
- Lay the right foundations to ensure you build a tribe – Whether you’re just launching your business, or if you’ve been in business for a while, be sure to get in place some solid marketing activities that will have your people standing up and taking notice.
- Strategic collaborations – We’ve talked about this before, and there’s a fantastic webinar inside the Forum about how to establish profitable partnerships. BUt Kara’s advice about teaming up with others that you work well with is excellent. And I love how she reaches out to them using Instagram!
- Invest the necessary time & money – I loved Kara’s willingness to head over to the Oscars or down to Perth (at the last minute!) in order to take advantage of these amazing opportunities that come her way. You gotta spend time and money to make it, right?
But the marketing gold doesn’t stop there, in this episode you’ll also discover:
- A great project management tool to make your teams more efficient
- A simple idea to improve the friendliness of your website
- And we revisit a past episode in which we caught up with Gelato Messina’s owner Declan Lee
Links & Resources mentioned:
- Kader Boot Co. on Instagram
- Kade Boot Co. on Facebook
- Kader Boot Co. website (in development at time of posting)
- Photographer Paul Pichugin’s website (thanks for the intro to Kara 🙂
- Interview with Gelato Messina’s Declan Lee
- WHYGTL blog post
- LJGAWLE blog post
Please support these businesses who make this show possible:
Dale Beaumont’s 52 Ways – An amazing free 1-day live event for business owners where you’ll discover 52 ways to boost your business profits. Seats are limited. Book now.
FastMail – Free 30-day trial plus 15% off your first year. Email, calendars and contacts done right. Get private, secure, email hosting for that beautiful business of yours.
If some thing in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know. Leave your thoughts below.
May your marketing be the best marketing.