I reckon feet are one of our least attractive body parts. Unbelievably useful, but so ugly! A belief not shared by today’s guest, podiatrist Rachael Ferguson, whose love of these toed-monstrosities(!) has led to the creation of a multi-million dollar foot care brand called SynxBody. And she joins us today to share exactly how she’s done it. With its feet planted firmly on the ground, it’s episode 530 of The (11 year-old, award-winning) Small Business Big Marketing podcast.
Big Episode Today
- Podiatrist and award-winning product creator Rachel Ferguson shares how her simple insole idea found at SynxBody is growing 200% year-on-year, and generating multi-million dollars in annual revenue.
- This week’s Monster Prize Draw winner has seen a huge increase in sales thanks to a simple idea applied from a past episode. And I gotta say, I do love how he’s turned a confronting purchase into something almost fun!
- Plus I let you in on an upcoming guest who is the 3rd generation owner of a global skin care brand. Hint … E B are its initials.
A Little More About SynxBody’s Rachael Ferguson …
OK, let’s meet Rachael Ferguson … podiatrist, award-winning entrepreneur and founder of the Australian footcare company Synx Body.
As someone who’s passionate about foot health, Rachael and a colleague came up with the idea for designing and patenting their own insoles to fit into a wider range of shoes than the others on the market. That’s sort of interesting, I guess, if you’re into feet!
But this is where it gets exciting …. Following an appearance on the TV show Shark Tank in 2015, and receiving investment from long time friend of this podcast Andrew Banks, Rachael’s little idea took off like a frog in a sock, and she now has over 20 foot-related products available in Chemist Warehouse and other selected retail outlets nationally, is experiencing 200% growth year-on-year, and SynxBody is already a multi-million dollar business.
I started off by asking Rachael … What does she love about feet?!
Timbo’s Top 3 Attention Grabbers
- I love her idea of studying successful people. I do this to hone my interviewing skills. Not sure it’s working, but I do it anyway!
- I love her idea about dropping everything and focussing on the one, most important thing that’s going to propel you and your beautiful business forward.
- I love her philosophy around being available to your customers.
Last Week’s Episode of The Small Business Big Marketing Podcast
Episode 529 – These smart decisions led to Mobile Tyre Shop growing exponentially
Monster Prize Draw Winner
Online will expert Zack Woodward of WillPro.
Thanks for tuning in. May your marketing be the best marketing.