I call today’s idea friendly website hack.
I’m astounded at just how many business websites I come across that are incredibly impersonal, taking no time to introduce the founder and people that work there. So, no matter what type of business you run, but especially if you are a service provider, please, please, please introduce yourself and your team on your website. Afterall, people buy from people, and implementing this one simple hack will help you build a brand that emotionally connect with those you want to sell to.
So, here’s my 3-steps to making your website uber friendly:
- Review your website and identify all the opportunities for you to show prospects that there are real people working in your business.
- Start creating the content that introduces you and your team. This could include:
- Having an About Us page where you introduce each team member – include photos, and insightful information that helps prospects become familiar with you and the business
- On your Contact Us page, include a name or three. And a personal email – not email@example.com
- Sprinkle videos or audios around that have you (the owner) or your employees reviewing your products or services
- Include a blog which is contributed to by not just you, but other specialists in your business.
- Post that content to your website.
Pro-Tip: Keep this updated – as you employ new people – add them. As people leave, delete them.
Creating a super friendly website is critically important for an optimal user experience.
That’s my 3-steps to creating a much more friendly website.
If you’d like help implementing any of the simple marketing ideas I share, then become a Member of the exclusive Small Business Big Marketing Club, where I’ll personally support you daily on building a better business through smart marketing.
So, what have you got to lose?