Sir Richard Branson said, “Mick Spencer was a future business leader to watch”. Why? Because by the ripe old age of 27 years old, Mick Spencer had become a globally recognised CEO, a multi-millionaire entrepreneur, and an investor. Mick is the Founder and CEO of On The Go, a multi-million-dollar, global e-commerce company that enables users to design and manufacture their apparel and accessories. I think you’re going to love this chat. Mick is on a mission to disrupt the world of sporting apparel, he’s built some incredible partnerships with the likes Wesfarmers (one of Australia’s biggest publicly listed companies), our PM was visiting him the day after this interview and his book launched a few days later.
There’s loads more tips and insights just like this that will help you build that beautiful business of yours into the empire it deserves to be. Hit the PLAY button above to listen now, or subscribe free to hear the full interview. You’ll also find the full interview transcription below.
On-The-Go’s Mick Spencer also shares:
- How he got his first customer
- Why partnerships are critical to a business’s success
- How he maintains work/life balance
- The best marketing he implements to get more customers
- Why he loves Google Trends
- And much, much more
Here’s what caught my attention from my chat with Mick Spencer:
- Mick’s overall drive and enthusiasm.
- I love Mick’s philosophy around creating 7-12 touch points before a prospect becomes a customer … and he even takes that one step further by having created a poster that details these touch points, posted all over the office. What a great reminder.
- Mick mentioned that he has someone within the business constantly following Google Trends. This is a great way to keep on top of what’s happening in your industry … plus it’s also a great way to get ideas for fresh, timely content.
[New Podcast Episode] Young entrepreneur @MickSpencer90 is a young business owner on a mission to get more people back in to sport https://t.co/d5KcB9Cn0I
— Timbo ? (@TimboReid) November 8, 2018
- On-The-Go’s official website
- The winner of this week’s Monster Prize Draw is Dr. Ty Belknap from Portbell – out-of-the-box SEO and digital marketing
- Google Trends
Jingle of the Week – Good Guys (“Good Vibrations”)
Please support American Express who make this show possible:
American Express Business Explorer Credit Card
Let your business expenses reward you. Every year.
And join me at the Idea Exchange in Sydney on November 22, 2018.
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know by leaving a comment below.
May your marketing be the best marketing.