Breaking News – I’ve just opened up my Deep Dive Mastermind group.
Now … Valerie Khoo is a journalist, speaker and small business commentator. She’s also the founder of the Sydney Writers’ Centre which is a world-class training facility for budding writers. Valerie is also the author of the best-selling business book – Power Stories – and that’s what we talk about on today’s episode.
Valerie’s belief is that when you tell the right stories, you can transform a brand into an icon, turn your customers into tireless advocates (we love that!), and give your business – or yourself – an unbeatable advantage. And I gotta say, I totally agree with her – afterall, who doesn’t love, remember and share a good story? Power Stories really is an essential guide to learning how to identify and create stories that will build your small business.
Here’s just some of what we cover in my fireside chat with Valerie:
- Valerie shares what it was like to spend 11 hours with me a few months ago!
- How she got marketing doyen Seth Godin to write the testimonial!
- What is it that makes storytelling such a powerful marketing tool?
- “Every business has a story to tell. In fact, it has eight!” What are the 8?
- Examples of great power story telling.
- How does one go about unearthing 8 stories?
- Examples of how the telling of a great business story can directly impact a business’s bottom line?
- We do a role play.
- What if you don’t like to write?
- Insight into how listeners can get their stories told in the media?
PLUS I announce that I’m opening up a mastermind group called Deep Dive Mastermind … a laser-focussed weekly session with me at the helm in which we dive deep in to your business issues and opportunities that require a marketing solution. Find out if you’re suited to it here.
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode ..
Buy Valerie’s Power Stories book here.
Then send a copy of the receipt to timbo(at)powerstoriesbook.com, you’ll receive the following ebooks:
* Power Platform: The 5-Step Plan for Building Your Personal Brand
* Book Deal: The Making of Power Stories (a behind the scenes look at how Valerie got her book deal).
Get a free copy of Valerie’s book (but be quick!):
Simply be one of the first 10 listeners to email Katie Elliott at Wiley - kelliot(at)wiley.com
Netregistry - Check out these three exclusive packages for SBBM Listeners. Each one designed by myself and Netregistry to help get your online marketing sorted.
Register on Facebook for national Work In The Nude Day.
My new consulting business - Get Your Own Show - is laser-focussed on helping business owners become opinion leaders in their industry. Here’s how you can get your own show.
Timbo’s Masterclass can be purchased here.
Join the marketing discussion beyond my podcast …
For in-depth marketing discussion, join the Small Business Big Marketing LinkedIn Group.
See the lighter side of marketing on the Small Business Big Marketing Facebook Page.
Receive small business marketing tips on the Small Business Big Marketing Twitter feed.
Leave a review for Small Business Big Marketing in iTunes. It’s a rankings thing ;0)
I’ve personally created these marketing training products in response to listener feedback …
Site Boost - Discover the characteristics of a successful website.
Spotlight - I create an exclusive podcast episode solving the marketing challenges of your business.