Well, I could summarise this interview as being all about how to market condoms. HOWEVER, it’s so much more than that.
In fact, Lloyd Perry from Big Richard Condoms actually set out to create a clothing brand, but, thanks to a Venture Capitalist with a sense of humour (what?!) he ended up starting and running a condom business.
So, in this revealing interview (BTW, it’s not one for the kids’ ears) we go under the covers (pun intended) and get some fantastic insights in to very smart marketing strategies around:
- Product Development – It can be much easier than you think.
- Pricing – Lloyd introduces us to a S-Commerce (very, very interesting).
- Packaging – Hear how Lloyd figured out where to position the product using clever packaging.
- Distribution – If he can have a condom delivery truck, then imagine what your business could have!
- Promotion – Lloyd is a big proponent of video marketing for small business, and has had broadcast quality ads produced for less than $300 (see below). He even reveals a strategy for having your video content go viral.
PLUS we hear from Professor Mike Ewing who provides us some insights in to online retailing versus traditional bricks and mortar approach, PLUS I tackle a listener question (issue!) from Claire Balmer from Container Creative about outsourcing.
Yes … a jam-packed episode of Australi’s #1 small business marketing podcast if ever there was one!
Small Business Big Marketing – Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode
Register to attend a Key Person Of Influence Accelerator 8-Hour Brand Accelerator in Melbourne and Sydney this June 2012.
See the lighter side of marketing on the Small Business Big Marketing Facebook Group.
Leave a review for Small Business Big Marketing in iTunes. I’ll love you for it ;0)