Generous businesses win. Period. Now whilst greed may have been good way back in the heady 1980’s (geez I loved the 80s!), these days it’s businesses that give, that are generous, that are building a tribe of loyal, long time customers. And as a result, they’re booming.
So in today’s episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast, Andrew Griffiths and I get together for another instalment of Funny Business, in which we take a deep dive in to how generous businesses are rewriting the rules for this decade and beyond.
The upside to being a generous business is huge:
- You get people talking about you – creating word of mouth and word of mouse.
- Being generous is an inexpensive marketing yet highly effective marketing strategy.
- It feels good. Real good.
Listen in as Giffo and I share a multitude of ways you can introduce generosity in to your business, plus give loads of case studies of businesses (large and small) who are doing it well … real well.
Yep, it’s another big episode to add to The Small Business Big Marketing Show’s archives.
- 00:35 Welcome and overview of today’s episode
- 01:30 I introduce Andrew Griffiths
- 03:41 Generosity as a marketing strategy – Part 1
- 10:51 Online marketing tips from Netregistry & Audible
- 12:27 Generosity as a marketing strategy – Part 2
- 32:43 Wrap-up and insight into next week’s guest
Today’s Episode Sponsors (please support them)
Netregistry Get your online marketing sorted!
Audible – Grab your free audio book now
Resources & links mentioned in this episode
- Andrew Griffith’s official website
- Hit Timbo up on Twitter or Griffo
- Need a marketing speaker? Book keynote speaker Tim Reid
Tweetables – Share The Love
My Top 3 Marketing Tips from this instalment of Funny Business:
- Being generous is good for you and your business. make it a part of your’s and your business’s DNA.
- Be generous with not only your customers, but with your suppliers, staff, the media even yourself. Anyone who can influence your business.
- If someone want to ‘pick your brain’, then ask them to donate to one of your favourite charities.
Inspirational Marketing Quote of the Week
“Greed is good. No it’s not, Gordon. Generosity is!”
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.