Online marketing hasn’t put an end to old school marketing. It never has and it never will. They compliment each other beautifully. You just need to know how to devise and implement a marketing strategy for your small business that makes best use of both. Today’s guest, Carmen Sognonvi of Urban Martial Arts in Brooklyn, is having huge success in this regard. As a result, she’s got a thriving family business, growing a strong list and punching way above her marketing weight!
A few years ago Carmen’s husband, Serge had a serious car accident which forced them to make the decision to leave the corporate world and start doing more to help the community and focus on their dreams. Their martial arts business was born and they have had tremendous success helping kids develop character and physical fitness.
You are going to love this interview. Carmen is just killing it with her marketing and business savvy. I couldn’t wait to share all her ideas with you. Here is a snippet of what we discuss:
- Using video to tell business stories about the business and the services available.
- What major event helped them get the courage to chase a dream.
- The benefit of financial strength and why not quitting your day job can help your business.
- What old school marketing techniques are working.
- How to use promotional booths to market your business.
- How to create targeted marketing strategies.
- How to use Infusionsoft to collect leads, segment the market, tailor your message, determine your return on investment.
- The breakdown of the marketing groups that are working for her business.
- The deliberate strategy they invested in to build their brand and makes them look and feel bigger than they are.
- The benefit of flyers and ideas for getting them right.
- What fields are best on your electronic lead capture form.
- How to use signage effectively in your small business.
- Using visuals to attract interest and engagement.
- Ideas for newsletters and how they can add 20% to your business.
- And plenty more.
Here’s the link to Carmen’s small business marketing blog.
This fireside chat really is full of marketing G O L D !
Listener question and feedback
- Carl has an existing Direct Mail business and is hoping to launch a new business idea whilst managing a young family and his existing business, I give Carl some ideas on how to get started and turn it in to a social enterprise.
- A listener with a physical therapy business shares how they have achieved some great success with their marketing.
Content Marketing Accelerator Webinar
- Why there’s never been a better time to market a small business.
- What content marketing is.
- Why it’s an important part of any small business’ marketing strategy in 2014.
- My simple, 5-step pain-free process to swiftly implementing content marketing strategy.
- How to define your editorial mission.
- How to never run out of content.
- 3 forms of content marketing to get you started.
- PLUS question time.
PLUS Netregistry have an Online Marketing Workshop on Wednesday, 4 December at their Sydney offices. Click here to register … it’s free for SBBM listeners. Click ‘Register’ and type the promo code SBBM13 into the field.
Have you checked out the Small Business Big Marketing Forum? Each week we talk about different marketing and business experiences and help each other solve some interesting problems. Become a Member here.
Join the conversation by leaving a comment below or connect with me and other like minded listeners on the Small Business Big Marketing Facebook page, or join fellow motivated business owners in the Small Business Big Marketing Forum. Let’s get that marketing discussion happening.
Until next time, may your marketing be the best marketing …
Timbo Reid – Marketing Speaker
Host of Australia’s #1 Marketing Show