One of the great things I love about putting out this weekly podcast is the number of questions that come in from my listeners. It’s a fantastic way for me to get a sense of what’s on your marketing mind, and of course, for me to answer them every now and then in the actual show itself. And that’s what I’m doing in this episode. So grab a cuppa and settle in (pen and notepad at the ready) as I tackle the following marketing challenges and provide plenty of marketing tips for small business:
- How do you build your personal brand? And should you be building your personal brand above and beyond your business brand?
- How do you ensure the quality of the audio in your video and podcasts is top notch?
- How do you get your brand in front on senior management?
- What social media information should be included on your business card?
- What ways can you promote your consultancy-based services to the corporate sector? And what additional revenue streams could such a business create?
- How important are ezine articles given the popularity of video marketing and podcasting?
- What role does marketing play in preparing a business for sale?
- Should I shouldn’t I interview Jordan Belfort – AKA The Wolf Of Wall Street?!
- What are my thoughts on using social media as a marketing channel?
- Should a small business employ a PR agency? or are there cheaper / easier ways to get publicity?
One of the aims of putting this episode together, whilst sharing some marketing gems with you, was to also give you a sense of what it would be like to work with me as a Member of my Deep Dive Mastermind. In simple terms, we meet each Tuesday at 10:00AM AEST via a webinar which I host – each Member gets the opportunity to provide an update on where they’re at with growing their business and then ask a marketing question of me, which I of course answer, and the rest of the group also gets the opportunity to answer as well. It’s a fantastically accountable way of staying motivated and improving your marketing at the same time. You can find out more about my Deep Dive Mastermind here.
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode ..
Netregistry - Check out these three exclusive packages for SBBM Listeners. Each one designed by myself and Netregistry to help get your online marketing sorted.
Deep Dive Mastermind - If you’d like to work with me and other motivated small business owner on improving your marketing ROI then my Mastermind group may well be for you.
Built To Sell – A great book on how to set up a business from scratch.
Get Your Own Show – My consulting service that shows you how to get your onw podacst.
Timbo’s Online Marketing Communications Masterclass – A series of webinars I put together covering all the important aspects of nailing the online marketing of your business.
The Wolf Of Wall Street – Jordan Belfort’s auto-biography (If you loved the 80′s, you’ll love this!).
Source Bottle – A great way to get free publicity.
Content Marketing eBook – Download it from the Content Marketing Institute.
PR Web – A great way of distributing online press releases to a global media audience.
Startletto’s interview – These guys used PR Web and won big time!
How To Write A Book – My interview with celebrated small business author, Andrew Griffiths.
Screenflow – Great software for making screen capture videos.
Join the marketing discussion beyond my podcast …
For in-depth marketing discussion, join the Small Business Big Marketing LinkedIn Group.
See the lighter side of marketing on the Small Business Big Marketing Facebook Page.
Receive small business marketing tips on the Small Business Big Marketing Twitter feed.
Leave a review for Small Business Big Marketing in iTunes. It’s a rankings thing ;0)
I’ve personally created these marketing training products in response to listener feedback …
Site Boost - Discover the characteristics of a successful website.
Spotlight - I create an exclusive podcast episode solving the marketing challenges of your business.