Personlisation and customised retail experiences are becoming more than a trend, they’re fast becoming a demand. This week’s guest, Will Rogers from Kent and Lime is certainly riding the personalisation wave. He’s come up with a way that just might change the way we shop … forever
I’m an absolute shocker when it comes to clothes shopping. It causes me all sorts of discomfort and anxiety.
Fortunately, Will Rogers is on a mission to change the way men shop and pay for clothes. Will Rogers is the founder of a retail experience called Kent and Lime, which provides men with a personalised clothing selection delivered to their door. Which is kind of a exciting as it means no more visits to busy shopping centres!
Will’s got 15 years experience working in fashion retail in both the UK and Australia, so clearly he’s a well dressed kind a fellow. He’s also a customer experience junkie, and on the look out for new ways to engage with and delight his customers.
In this episode of your favourite marketing podcast we cover plenty of ground including:
- How the idea for Kent & Lime came about
- Customer feedback loops
- A clever Facebook advertising hack
- How to treat your customers as BETA developers
- I share another low cost marketing idea for you to implement immediately in our new segment lovingly called What Have You Got To Lose?
- And we revisit a past episode in which I spoke to high-flying corporate couple turned cold pressed juice entrepreneurs Nat and Steve.
Yep, you guessed it, another big episode, so let’s get stuck, right in.
00:00 Two marketing insights
01:17 Welcome & overview
06:04 Today’s guest introduction – Will Rogers
07:35 Interview with Will Rogers
42:30 Insights into WebCentral & Key Person of Influence
44:44 My Top 3 Attention Grabbers from my chat with Will Rogers
46:26 What Have You Got To Lose? #5
49:26 Wrap-up and an insight in to both a past guest & next week’s guest
MY TOP 3 MARKETING ATTENTION GRABBERS
- Personalisation. There’s no doubt that the more you can personalise any aspect of your business, the stickier it will be with your customers. We all love to feel as if someone (whether it’s a business or a person) is talking directly to us. That’s exactly what I try to do with this podcast too!
- Facebook Ad Groups. I really liked how Will has someone working full time on Facebook ads, creating and testing and tweaking group after group.
- Attention to detail. I loved how the items of clothing aren’t just all piled into the box and despatched. Instead, they’re arranged strategically with the shirt in the jacket, the sox in the shoes. Where could you be paying more attention to detail in your business? And what’s stopping you?
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
What Have You Got To Lose? – Create a Refer a Friend Program
WebCentral’s Online Conversion workshops
October in Sydney and Melbourne – use promo code TIMBO16 for 10% discount
WebCentral – Exclusive listener offers
Get your online marketing sorted with these exclusive listener offers.
Key Person of Influence – Become highly valued & highly paid
Grab a FREE hard or audio copy of their Amazon best-seller.
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.