Another bloody health food brand! Well, not really. This one’s doing a million bucks a month in sales, and was founded by a university drop out who’s doing some very cool stuff to stand out in an ultra crowded market place.
When Dwayne started Amazonia in 2008, he was a university drop out selling organic acai smoothies from a single market stall. He now heads a multi-million dollar, multi-national enterprise that is quickly becoming one of Australia’s largest food and supplement suppliers.
Listen in to my fireside chat with Dwayne and discover:
- How Amazonia was launched
- Key insights in to being an entrepreneur
- Why distribution is a solid marketing strategy
- The importance of focussing on selling points
- How Dwayne’s mindset has lead to mega success
- And how essential oils and salt lamps help build a business!
Plus I share some very helpful feedback from a couple of listeners, and a marketing quote that’ll shock you in to action!
Yep, it’s another big episode to add to The Small Business Big Marketing Show’s archives.
- 00:39 Welcome and overview of today’s episode
- 02:13 I introduce today’s guest Dwayne Martens of Amazonia
- 05:15 Interview with Dwayne Martens – Part 1
- 18:18 Online marketing tips from Netregistry & Audible
- 19:55 Interview with Dwayne Martens – Part 2
- 32:24 My top 4 learnings from my interview with Dwayne
- 34:16 Motivational marketing quote of the week
- 34:35 Some very helpful listener feedback
- 36:50 Wrap-up and insight into next week’s guest
Today’s Episode Sponsors (please support them)
Netregistry Get your online marketing sorted!
Audible – Grab your free audio book now
The Small Business Big Marketing Forum
Resources & links mentioned in this episode
- Amazonia’s official website
- Hit up Dwayne on Twitter
- Need a marketing speaker? Book keynote speaker Tim Reid
Tweetables – Share The Love
My Top 4 Marketing Tips from my chat with Dwayne Martens of Amazonia:
- Focus on what you’re good at and outsource the rest.
- Be a solutions-based business.
- Focus more on getting strong distribution for your product or service – get those at the point-of-sale to buy in to you and your offer.
- As long as you can get in it, you can always change. We’re flexible, us humans!
Inspirational Marketing Quote of the Week
“Any damn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple.”
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.