Gary Elliott runs Leisure Options – a business laser-focussed on on providing holiday and travel options to people with disabilities. When I first identified Gary as a potential guest, I made the assumption that he ran the business because he had family effected in some way by a disability. A pretty strong why, you’d have to agree. Well, I was wrong!
He bought the business because it was under done – and the upside was huge. He now has his wife and kids involved and he L O V E S what he’s doing. If you want to know what it’s like to not have a job but earn good money then listen in – as Gary and his team have mastered the art of loving what they do.
Plus I update you on my 2016 social media strategy, and share some wonderful feedback from a listener who (by implementing marketing ideas learnt on this show) has increased revenues by 35% in just 9-months. Yep, marketing works ;0)
Righto, enough jiba-jaba … let’s get on with Australia’s best marketing podcast.
00:36 Welcome & overview
03:02 Time for a check-in on the week
06:16 Today’s guest introduction – Gary Elliott
07:55 Interview with Gary Elliott – Part 1
21:16 Insights in to 99Designs & Netregistry
23:07 Interview with Gary Elliott – Part 2
35:45 My top 3 marketing learnings fro my chat with Gary Elliott
38:42 Motivational marketing quote of the week
38.57 Listener feedback
41:24 Wrap-up and insights in to upcoming guests
EPISODE SPONSORS (PLEASE SUPPORT THEM)
Netregistry special offer – Get your online marketing sorted. Websites from $79 / month.
99Designs free coupon – Get a design you’ll love. in 7-days. 100% guaranteed.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
Listen feedback from Macs-4-U
MY TOP 3 MARKETING TIPS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Do the hard yards of pulling together the key components of your marketing – your branding, style guide, policy & procedures, culture, website – put aside the time!
- Enter awards – industry, marketing, customer service, website and so on. They’re a great way to force you to pull all the information about your business into one place. I’ve had four business owners who’ve appeared on Shark Tank – and every one of them said the same.
- Produce a hard copy brochure that, if someone picked it up, would give them a crystal clear idea of what you do and why they need you. Four steps:
- Identify the problem you solve
- Overview your solution
- Detail your offer(s)
- Provide an obvious next step
INSPIRATIONAL MARKETING QUOTE
“We need to stop interrupting what people are interested in,
and be what people are interested in.”
Craig Davis, Brand Karma
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.