This engineer quit his high paying job as an aerospace engineer at Boeing, to become a very successful Uber driver and an even more successful blogger.
Have you ever wondered if you can make money blogging? Well wonder no more. Harry Campbell (The Rideshare Guy) talks us through not only his transition from climbing the corporate ladder at Boeing to taking the leap into his own driving business but also making some serious money through his blog. We’ll also explore a day in the life of Harry which is no ordinary day and is measured and documented like an engineer could.
Join me in this fireside chat as we dive deep on:
- The Rideshare Guy – Harry Campbell’s story. He’s an Uber driver who now also helps other Uber drivers build solid rideshare businesses through his blog and podcast.
- How he grew his business by 500% in 6 months.
- The importance of creating helpful content and the excitement of having a side hustle.
- Plus where he thinks Uber is headed.
Also in this week’s instalment of Australia’s best marketing podcast I’ve got two really exciting pieces of news on the home front.
Firstly, my book is (finally) done and printed. You can grab yourself a real life physical copy of The Boomerang Effect now.
Secondly, it’s just been confirmed that I will be the emcee of the Telstra 2016 Business Awards nationally. In their 24th year, these awards celebrate the achievements and entrepreneurial spirit of small businesses across Australia. I couldn’t be more excited to be a part of it.
Yep, it’s another big show, so let’s get stuck … right in.
00:42 Welcome & overview
05:25 Guest introduction – Harry Campbell of The Rideshare Guy
07:10 Interview – Part 1
19:45 Insights into Netregistry & Key Person Of Influence
21:55 Interview – Part 2
51:45 My Top 6 Attention Grabbers
55:12 Marketing Quote of the Week
56:44 Wrap-up & insights into next week’s guest
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
MY TOP 6 ATTENTION GRABBERS
- Put your face in your marketing. This doesn’t mean that you have to front all your marketing touch points; but at least let people see that you’re a real person. And if you’re not a real person then grab a stockshot!
- Consider being the GO TO person in your industry. And if there already is one then think about what niche you could own. Or do it better than they’re doing it! This is what the KPI program is great at! KPI.com/Timbo
- When creating helpful content, I love Harry’s idea of talking about things from first hand experience – and when you do that, be sure to tell the whole story and better than anyone else.
- Smash processes – do all your emails in one hit. Do all your social media in one hit. Make all you phone calls in one hit! And make a game of it. If you want to know how to do that go back and listen to my chat with real estate agent of the year James Tostevin. He makes 200 calls per week!
- Have a side hustle that you’re passionate about. A way to generate some income beyond your day job. That could be selling things on eBay or podcasting on a topic you love.
- Hit reporters up on Twitter.
EPISODE SPONSORS (PLEASE SUPPORT THEM)
Netregistry Exclusive Listener Offers
Get your online marketing sorted. Websites from $79 / month.
Register for a Key Person Of Influence Business Brand Accelerator Live Event
8-hours of business-changing content. No BS.
Choose a FREE audiobook from 180,000 title
What are you up for? Business? Horror? Romance? It’s all here.
INSPIRATIONAL MARKETING QUOTE
Dan Zarrella of Hubspot once said …
“For every action,there is an equal and opposite reaction, plus a social media over-reaction!”
OVER TO YOU
What was your biggest marketing learning pr ah-ha moment from today’s episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to have and every one.