A little while back I came a cross a quote by Maya Angelou and it keeps coming up in my life. You may well have heard it before, “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” And it got me thinking just how important this is for doing business. Successful business. For creating some serious customer loyalty.
So when I’m in a pondering mood, who better to do it with than my old mate Griffo. This seemed like the perfect topic for an episode of Funny Business, so we decided to have a love-in to pull this concept apart. And that’s exactly what we did.
Is it a hippy bippy, khum bay yaa sentiment? Or a sound marketing communications strategy that we all need to be embracing to build stronger customer loyalty? Well Griffo and I dive deep, pull the idea apart, look at it from many angles and make up (I mean come up) with some compelling reasons why we should all adopt Maya Angelou’s quote and make it a powerful business mantra.
In doing so we ponder:
- Why we should care how customers feel
- Whether people really want connection or would they rather just be served
- How we can make our customers care more deeply about our precious business
Let’s get stuck right into episode 225 of Australia’s #1 marketing show. Go!
- 00:30 Welcome and overview of today’s episode
- 01:21 A little sponsor love for Netregistry & 99Designs
- 02:51 I head over to meet Griffo in the jungle for another episode of Funny Business!
- 44:55 Close
Today’s Episode Sponsors (please support them 🙂
Resources & links mentioned in this episode
- Need a marketing speaker? Book Timbo.
- Need some bedtime business reading? Check out Griffo’s books here.
My Top 3 Marketing Tips from this episode of Funny Business
- Our customers are craving connection – if we don’t give it to them, they may just find someone who will.
- We all need to be brave enough to try new ways of communicating that lead to stronger connections with our customers.
- Make every customer interaction extraordinary, constantly building stronger bonds and a bulletproof relationship.
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.