This guy’s a fantastic small business marketer. So fantastic I had to invite him back for a third fireside chat!
Darren Finkelstein (now AKA The Boat Guy) co-owns St.Kilda Boat Sales – a small boating business in Melbourne, Australia that’s punching way, way above its marketing weight in the very tough marketplace of luxury power boats.
Darren first appeared in episode 2 (six years ago!), then again in episode 49. And now he’s back again. Why? Because he continues to produce outstanding marketing that is helping grow his St Kilda Boat Sales business exponentially.
Since we last heard from Darren three years ago, he’s written two best selling books on boating, produced a popular YouTube channel that reports the weekend weather on Port Philip Bay, is an in-demand boating industry keynote speaker, is the weekend weather guy on Melbourne radio station 3AW, and he still finds time to buy, sell and service high end motor boats.
In fact, his business has doubled since we last spoke.
Listen in and discover how consistently publishing helpful marketing content to YouTube, how writing a book, how speaking from stage, how developing a media profile can all lead to massive business success.
Plus I answer a question from a listener who wants to know how to leverage all the awards they’re wining. And I share some great feedback from a State Trooper turned small business owner in Connecticut!
Let’s get stuck right into episode 222 of Australia’s #1 marketing show. Go!
- 0:33 Welcome and overview of today’s episode
- 01:37 Getting your online marketing sorted
- 02:53 Listener question from Paul Rutherford of The Vet Lounge about how to leverage awards
- 07:41 Listener feedback from a State Trooper come small business owner in Connecticut
- 11:59 Introduction to todays’ guest – Darren Finkelstein (The Boat Guy) of St. Kilda Boat Sales
- 13:33 Interview with Darren
- 1:03:11 My top 3 marketing tips from chatting with Darren
- 1:05:51 Motivational marketing quote of the week
- 1:06:17 Insight in to upcoming episodes
Resources & links mentioned in this episode
- Netregistry: Get your online marketing sorted!
- Darren Finkelstein’s website
- St.Kilda Boat Sales website
- Hit up Darren up on Twitter and tell him you heard him on The Small Business Big Marketing Show
- Join the The Small Business Big Marketing Forum now
My Top 3 Marketing Tips from chatting with Darren
This week’s top 3 learnings from my chat with St.Kilda Boat Sales Founder Darren Finkelstein:
- What can you do to become the go-to person in your industry?
- Don’t wait for all the ducks to line up, for everything to be perfect. Start creating helpful marketing right this very moment. Go!
- Identify your central question, then break it down in to chapters. Then go write that book!
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.