Thanks to Mick Cullen of Redcliffe Marketing Labs for this great online marketing question. I trust the answer below provided by an online marketing expert at Netregistry brings you closer to getting your online marketing sorted!
When buying a domain name the domain registrars basically provide you with a platform which varies from providers to providers. It is most common for most businesses to go with the domain registrar that has the cheapest domain price, but you need to look at some of the factors as well:
- Type of the control panel offered by registrars to manage your domain.
- Quality of customer service.
- Internal processes of domain registrars to implement changes ( delegation, transfers).
- Additional features offered like free redirection, free email addresses.
- It makes more sense to go to a company which offers a one stop solution ( Domains + email hosting + web design + web hosting ) then you have a single point of contact where all your services are in one place.