Global skincare brand Ella Bache was founded in 1936, in Paris, by Madame Bache … who, by all accounts, was a force to be reckoned with! 84 years down the track, it’s a 3rd generation family business run by Pippa Hallas … another force to be reckoned with! And today, Pippa shares how she’s continuing to grow this iconic brand. Coming to you with a flawless complexion, it’s episode 531 of The (11 year-old, award-winning) Small Business Big Marketing podcast.
Big Episode Today
- Pippa Hallas, owner of the iconic skincare empire Ella Bache, shares how she’s managing and growing a third generation family business that started in paris in 1936.
- This week’s Monster Prize Draw winner picked up an idea from a recent episode that’s made their business more honest!
- Plus I’ve got a little surprise for you in the next episode, which I’ll tell you more about later in the show.
A Little More About Ella Bache’s Pippa Hallas …
let’s meet Pippa Hallas, the 3rd generation owner of the iconic skincare brand Ella Bache which sells 320 SKUs across its 120 branded franchise clinics nationally, plus it has 34 skincare clinics inside David Jones department stores.
Pippa employs over 120 staff, her franchise network employs thousands of skin therapists nationally, plus hundreds more go through the Ella Bache College each year.
Pippa generously shares what it’s like to head up a 3rd generation family business, what she uncovered when she appeared on the hit TV show Undercover Boss, she shares her worst razor blade moment (her words not mine!), her greatest champagne moment (her words again!), plus her views around making bold moves and unexpected decisions.
Now … Pippa’s Great Aunt, Madame Bache, founded the business in Paris way back in 1936, so I started off by asking her what influence Madame Bache has had on the way Pippa currently runs the Ella Bache empire.
Timbo’s Top 3 Attention Grabbers
- I was reminded just how important mindset is when building a business of any size.
- I love her willingness and keenness to step out from behind the brand, giving her clear insights into her precious customers.
- I love the fact that she’s continually learning.
Last Week’s Episode of The Small Business Big Marketing Podcast
Monster Prize Draw Winner
Thanks for tuning in. May your marketing be the best marketing.