I love a Facebook marketing tip (or two), and a motivated small business owner who absolutely respects the power of helpful marketing.
Nick May of Walls by Design is mixing the old with the new. He has managed to get a 12X ROI on his Facebook marketing spend plus a 45% ROI on an old school direct mail campaign. Not to mention countless PR opportunities and recognition from his podcast The Chase Lounge. Oh, and he’s a long time listener of Australia’s number 1 small business marketing show and a forum member… coincidence?
Nick is the 309th successful small business owner I have interviewed and there’s one thing that links them all and that is their respect for marketing. You have to have respect for the marketing of your small business because it’s marketing that can make all the difference.
In this fireside chat Nick and I uncover:
- His unconventional strategy that is returning 12X ROI from Facebook
- How his podcast has revolutionised his brand
- The power of resilience and persistence in business
- What creativity means in small business
Plus I get on my soapbox about some hate mail from my Outsourcing to the Philippines podcast and upcoming tour. Read all about why you should consider outsourcing to the Philippines.
00:34 Welcome & overview
03:00 I get on my soap box
05:34 Today’s guest introduction – Nick May of Walls by Design
11:48 Interview with Nick May – Part 1
29:19 Insights in to Netregistry & Key Person Of Influence
31:07 Interview with Nick May – Part 2
48:10 My top 3 attention grabbers from my chat with Nick May
50:08 Motivational marketing quote of the week
50:40 Wrap-up and insights in to next week’s guests
EPISODE SPONSORS (PLEASE SUPPORT THEM)
Netregistry special offer – Get your online marketing sorted. Websites from $79 / month.
Choose a FREE audio book from 180,000 titles
What are you up for? Business? Horror? Romance? It’s all here.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
Buy Timbo’s new marketing book The Boomerang Effect
MY TOP 3 MARKETING ATTENTION GRABBERS FROM THIS EPISODE
- If you want to make your marketing fly, then watch less TV.
- Persevere. It took Nick 8 months to see a return from his podcast, but now it’s paying off in spades, in ways he never imagined.
As the saying goes, “The man who planted a seed yesterday, is sitting under a tree today.”
- Don’t think all your marketing answers are online. And don’t think they’re all offline. Mix it up – enjoy mixing the old school ways with those of the modern world of marketing.
INSPIRATIONAL MARKETING QUOTE
Marketing doyon Philip Kotler once said …
“Marketing is not the art of finding clever ways
to dispose of what you make. It is the art of creating
genuine customer value.”
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.