Building a strong personal brand has had far-reaching benefits for Clarissa Rayward, AKA The Happy Family Lawyer. Whilst she’s the first to admit that her approach to marketing is highly unconventional, it’s also enabled her to build a highly engaged community, find her voice and build a strong legal practice many lawyers only ever dream of.
Listen in to this inspiring marketing conversation and discover:
How to create a personal brand
The power of creating a personal brand
How starting a blog can help you find your voice
How to get out of your own way in business
How and why to perfect your pitch
The power of being yourself in your marketing
How to build a community
How to get great design done on the cheap
How clever marketing helps you attract your ideal client
Why writing a book gets you national media coverage
How video marketing has lead to Clarissa getting recognised in court!
Plus, there’s my usual check-in on what’s been happening this week, and I’m proud to announce a brand spanking new sponsor in Key Person Of Influence – which means for you two things – 1. I’ll be putting out a second episode each week and 2. They’ve kindly offered each and every listener a hard copy of their Amazon best-selling book.
Yep, big show as usual. Let’s get stuck right in!
- 00:34 Welcome and overview of today’s episode
- 02:30 Insights in to my new sponsor – The Key Person Of Influence Program
- 05:09 I introduce The Happy Family Lawyer – Clarissa Rayward
- 07:11 Interview with Clarissa Rayward – Part 2
- 13:35 Insights in to the KPI Business Accelerator
- 14:49 Interview with Clarissa Rayward – Part 2
- 41:36 My top 3 learnings from my interview with Clarissa Rayward
- 43:14 Motivational marketing quote of the week
- 43:31 I check in on your week
- 45:52 Wrap-up and insight into next week’s guest
Today’s Episode Sponsor (please support them)
Grab a free hard or audio copy of the Key Person Of Influence book here
This book is red hot. Not to be read in bed. Way too stimulating.
Register for the Key Person Of Influence Brand Accelerator live events here
8 hours of full-on content
Attend the Key Person Of Influence free Melbourne Pitchfest here
(I’m one of the judges) – This is a great way to see how other business owners pitch their business
Resources & links mentioned in this episode
- The Happy Family Lawyer – Official website
- Brisbane Family Law Centre – Official website
- Clarissa Rayward – Twitter
- The Happy Family Lawyer – Facebook
Tweetables – Share The Love
My Top 3 Marketing Tips from my chat with Clarissa Rayward:
- Start blogging as a way to find your voice; and just pretend you’re writing to a friend.
- Create a personal brand to sit alongside your business brand.
- Challenge the conventions of your category; otherwise you’ll end up doing and looking the same as everyone else.
Inspirational Marketing Quote of the Week
“To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.”
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.