I reckon it’s time you built your profile. Yeah, you. The motivated business owner. I want to see you and your business get some earned media coverage. Are you keen? Excellent. Then let me show you how to build your profile.
Join me as I chat with Sam Elam, founder of Media Manoeuvres, a business that is laser-focussed on getting their clients front page coverage, radio interviews, appearances on TV programs or features in influential blogs and podcasts … yeah, podcast ;0)
Listen in as Sam:
- Shares her simple 5-step process on how to build your profile through earned media coverage
- Talks about the changing media landscape and how we can all benefit from it
- Reveals the secret sauce to getting a journalists attention
Plus I share a win from one of the Small Business Big Marketing’s Forum Members that we can all learn something from, and I’ve got a motivational marketing quote about tomorrow … yeah, tomorrow!
Another big episode of Australia’s best marketing podcast. Let’s jump right in.
00:32 Welcome & overview
03:02 I share a win a Forum Member has had
06:38 Insights in to Key Person Of Influence
07:43 Today’s guest introduction – Sam Elam
08:45 Interview with Sam Elam
41:10 My top 3 marketing learnings fro my chat with Sam Elam
43:10 Motivational marketing quote of the week
43:28 Wrap-up and insights in to next week’s guests
EPISODE SPONSORS (PLEASE SUPPORT THEM)
Grab a free hard or audio copy of the Key Person Of Influence Amazon best-seller book
This book is red hot. Not to be read in bed. Way too stimulating.
Register for a Key Person Of Influence Brand Accelerator live event
8-hours of business-changing content. No BS.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
Sam’s business Media Manoeuvres
Sam Elam on Twitter
Oran Klaff interview on how to nail your pitch
Garb a free copy of the Key Person Of Influence book (it has a chapter on Pitching)
Forum Member Nick May’s The Chaise Lounge Podcast
(GO ON, SHARE THE LOVE, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO)
MY TOP 3 MARKETING TIPS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Add a publicity strategy to your marketing arsenal. Start by approaching your local paper.
- Lose any limiting beliefs you have around your business not being newsworthy. Every business has an angle.
- Adhere to Sam’s 5-step process to getting publicity in the earned media, and in particular, nail your pitch.
INSPIRATIONAL MARKETING QUOTE
“Tomorrow. A noun. A mystical place where 99% of all human productivity, motivation and achievement is stored!”
Write the person’s name here
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.