Discover how to create a point of difference in any market place. It’s easier than you think, thanks to some simple marketing decisions.
Are you hanging out for that time when you’re making so much money that you can start investing in businesses you’re passionate about? Well, that’s exactly where today’s guest is at – he’s a very successful Optometrist trapped in an entrepreneur’s body!
Dr. Robert Zoellner founded and owns two Optometry clinics in Oklahoma employing some 80 staff. He’s doin’ OK! Having now made enough money to “wear a soccer jersey at all times and in all situations”, he’s now enjoying his wealth by starting completely unrelated businesses including a car auction house, a horse ranch, a sleep clinic and an online training business for business owners.
Listen in as he explains how marketing played a huge role in his success from the very start, making him stand out from every other optometrist in his market.
Plus I launch my Marketing Coaching Service, I share an interesting comment an interviewer asked me on radio last week, along with a marketing quote from author and historian Steven Pressfield of The War Of Art fame.
Yep, it’s another big episode to add to The Small Business Big Marketing Show’s archives.
- 00:32 Welcome and overview of today’s episode
- 02:34 Time for a quick check-in
- 05:19 Testimonial from Steve Greatrex of Wealth On Track
- 05:49 I introduce today’s guest Dr. Robert Zoellner
- 06:31 Interview with Dr. Robert Zoellner – Part 1
- 20:23 Online marketing tips from Netregistry & 99designs
- 23:11 Interview with Dr. Robert Zoellner – Part 2
- 38:11 My top 3 learnings from my interview with Dwayne
- 39:33 Motivational marketing quote of the week
- 40:11 A radio interview I did last week
- 41:20 Wrap-up and insight into next week’s guest
Today’s Episode Sponsors (please support them)
Netregistry Get your online marketing sorted!
99designs – Grab your free $99 upgrade now
The Small Business Big Marketing Forum
Resources & links mentioned in this episode
- Dr. Robert Zoellner’s Optetrity clinic
- Dr. Robert Zollner’s other business ventures:
- President Obama on WTF Podcast
- Need a marketing speaker? Book keynote speaker Tim Reid
Tweetables – Share The Love
My Top 3 Marketing Tips from my chat with Dr. Robert Zoellner:
- Allocate an amount of money to your marketing that scares you.
Dr. Robert allocated 10% of gross revenues from the start!
- Practise delayed gratification.
Instead reinvest your winnings in to something that will generate a return. And put off buying that Mercedes!
- Don’t be afraid to front your marketing.
It helps people to get to know you, to become familiar with you, which leads to trust and quite possibly, a sale!
Inspirational Marketing Quote of the Week
“The most pernicious aspect of procrastination is that it can become a habit.
We don’t just put off our lives today; we put them off till our deathbed.
Never forget: this very moment, we can change our lives. There was never a moment,
and there never will be, when we are without the power to alter our destiny. This second
we can turn the table on Resistance.
This second, we can sit down and do our work.”
Steven Pressfield, The War Of Art
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.