Every business owner wants to know how to create raving fans.
Well, at the tender age of 22 years old, Joshua Nicholls graduated college and decided it was about time he started his own business. Soon enough Platinum Electricians was born and he went from operating in his parent’s spare room to growing his business by 1200% in just five years. After seven years, he franchised the business and it now turns over $20 million annually. And that’s with only $100,000 annual expenditure on advertising. Not bad, huh?
How did he do it? Simply by placing focus and attention on every element of the customer experience in order to create raving fans – from not stepping on the customer’s lawn on the way into the house through to rewarding customers for making referrals. It’s so simple, and every business owner should be doing it!
This week’s episode offers some great insights in how to ensure your business sells an experience that keeps customers coming back for more, time and time again. So what are you waiting for? Hit PLAY for some serious marketing G O L D .
In this session of Small Business Big Marketing, you’ll discover:
- How Josh Nicholls started a successful business at the tender age of 22.
- The importance of leaning on business mentors for guidance.
- How Josh grew his business by 1200% in just five years.
- The importance of achieveing a work/life balance.
- Why receiving loyalty from customers is the cornerstone of business success.
- Why it won’t hurt your business to do something for free and give back.
- How Josh runs a business with $20 million annual turnover and invests only $100,000 in advertising each year.
- Why great marketing really doesn’t have to be complicated at all.
- Why delivering a great customer experience is always going to be at the centre of business success.
- If your business will suffer from having a long name.
- 3.45 I get to some listener feedback from Jason Milne, a business owner you can find over at paddleguy.com
- 5.45 Design is an important part of any business and you can get yours sorted over at 99designs.com.
- 17.00 From building a website, through to providing you with an Adwords campaign that converts, Netregistry is the place to go to get your digital footprint sorted.
- 18.00 I get chatting with Josh Nicholls, founder of Platinum Electricians.
- 21.00 Trade skills versus business skills.
- 23.00 Josh talks mentors and why he sought them out in the early days of business.
- 27.00 When Josh almost hit breaking point and had to do something to fix his work/life balance.
- 29.00 Leveraging out of your business in order to grow your business.
- 31.45 Josh’s reason for doing it all – giving back.
- 32.30 Why Josh decided to franchise the business seven years along the line.
- 38.00 Platinum Electricians today – $20 million annual turnover, 200 employees, and 101 vans.
- 39.00 Focusing in on core values to build a business.
- 46.00 Josh’s 21 step process that gets taught to every person in his company – ensuring excellence for every customer.
- 56.00 Josh shares his maketing budget.
- 63.00 My top SEVEN learnings from chatting with Josh.
- 67.00 Quote of the week.
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Platinum Electricians official website
- Netregistry answers your marketing questions for free
- www.99Designs.com.au/sbbm – For logo design, brochure design, and more. Grab your exclusive listener upgrade at this link.
- The Small Business Big Marketing online community
- Transcription Services provided by GMR Transcription
Enjoy this episode? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
Click here to visit our Facebook page and leave a comment about the show.
Click here to tell us on Twitter what you thought of the show.
Subscribe to the Small Business Big Marketing podcast
Join the Small Business Big Marketing online community
We’re building something big over at the Small Business Big Marketing online community forum. Drop by and say hi – soak up some marketing gold!
Over to you!
Let us know YOUR key takeaways from this episode by leaving a comment below. I personally read and respond to every comment!