Tina Tower of Begin Bright is the Telstra Young Business Woman of the Year 2014. And for very good reason. She’s the founder of an amazing school readiness and primary school learning franchise, and is on her way to building an empire that’s making a difference to the lives of very young Australians.
Join me as Tina shares how she brought this idea to market through unbridled passion and some very clever marketing. In fact, her number one marketing strategy is to generate bucket-loads of free publicity by constantly creating newsworthy stories for the media. She shares exactly how she does it in this interview.
Plus, not only will you learn how to generate free publicity for your business, you’ll also discover the importance of getting clear on your way, the power of letting go, off putting in place systems and so much more.
Plus I answer a question from a listener who’s keen to make some real noise around the opening of her new natural health clinic.
Let’s get stuck right into episode 223 of Australia’s #1 marketing show. Go!
- 00:52 Welcome and overview of today’s episode
- 02:00 Check in with Timbo
- 05:37 Getting your online marketing sorted
- 06:55 Listener question from Katherine Maslen of Brisbane Natural Health about how to make some hoo-hah for the opening of her new clinic
- 11:17 Introduction to todays’ guest – Tina Tower of Begin Bright
- 12:36 Interview with Tina Tower (How to get free publicity)
- 51:52 My top 5 marketing tips from chatting with Tina Tower
- 54:15 Motivational marketing quote of the week
- 55:13 Insight in to upcoming episodes
Resources & links mentioned in this episode
- Netregistry: Get your online marketing sorted!
- Begin Bright’s website
- Tina Tower’s personal website
- Hit up Tina up on Twitter and tell him you heard him on The Small Business Big Marketing Show
- Join the The Small Business Big Marketing Forum now
My Top 5 Marketing Tips from chatting with Tina Tower
This week’s top 5 learnings from my chat with Telstra Young Business Woman of the year Tina Tower:
- The easiest way to create a story is to be a story
- Install and document systems for everything
- Be brief – more doesn’t make you look smarter
- Enter awards and then leverage them (as I talk about in episode 222)
- Have a powerful why
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.