This is a message too important not to hear.
You know what it’s like…
You would record a video to put on the website, but what if people don’t like it?
You would post more on social media but what if it doesn’t get any shares, likes, follows?
You would follow your passion, but people will think it’s stupid.
We’ve all been there… worried about what ‘those people’ will think.
My guest today is Julie Cross, and her story is truly inspirational. Having her hubby pass away unexpectedly a few years ago, Julie was left to be the sole parent of two boys including her beautiful young autistic son – but as she says in her bio, “…it’s our real life experiences that form the foundation of an authentic and relatable message.”
In this fireside chat with Miss Sparkle herself we uncover:
- How to own your own space – to be yourself in both your marketing and personal brand development
- How the wearing of a little black bikini took Julie’s business to another level
- How Facebook has been amazing for her business’s growth
- Why and how to get over irrational fears we all have as motivated business owners PLUS plenty more
Julie is here to inspire you to… well… stop caring. Well, at least about what other people think.
Also in this episode of Australia’s best marketing podcast we also cover how I got my nose out of joint and my ego bruised by a newspaper article on Podcasting (I got some sage advice from Sam Elam our resident PR pro to help me calm down).
There are a couple of key dates to mark in your diaries:
Pitch The Media (which I’ll be attending):
- Meet a whole lot of journos
- Get a tour of 3AW
- Spend the morning crafting your pitch with the expert team from PR Manoeuvres
- Then pitch live to Huffington Post editor, Channel 10 Chief of Staff, 3AW producers and Smart Company journo
$100 off use promo code TIMBO
KPI Brand Accelerator Events (I’ll be going to the Melbourne one):
Learn the 5 steps to expanding your business career or team.
- The Perfect Pitch
- Publish Content
- Creating Hot Products
- Raise Your Profile
- Partners & Joint Ventures
Brisbane – March 05, 2016
Sydney – April 01, 2016
Melbourne – April 15, 2016
Also, I give you an update on my book that will hit a real life printer this week! And a forum member shares an interesting point-of-view about criticism resulting from last week’s episode.
Yep, you guessed. Another big episode of your favourite marketing podcast.
00:40 Welcome & overview
06:17 Guest introduction – Julie Cross
08:04 Interview – Part 1
24:19 Insights into Netregistry & Key Person Of Influence
26:30 Interview – Part 2
48:18 My Top 3 Attention Grabbers
49:50 Marketing Quote
50:25 Chat with PR Expert Sam Elam
57:58 Listener Feedback
60:18 Wrap-up & insights into next week’s guest
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
MY TOP 3 ATTENTION GRABBERS
- Decide now to own your space – stuff what others say, get over any irrational fears you have that are holding you back, and just get on with being your best self.
- Stop trying to be everything to everyone. “We just need enough of the people, enough of the time.”
- Find the story behind each and every product, service or offering. As Jules says, storytelling is simply data with soul attached.
EPISODE SPONSORS (PLEASE SUPPORT THEM)
Netregistry Exclusive Listener Offers
Get your online marketing sorted. Websites from $79 / month.
Register for a Key Person Of Influence Business Brand Accelerator Live Event
8-hours of business-changing content. No BS.
Choose a FREE audiobook from 180,000 title
What are you up for? Business? Horror? Romance? It’s all here.
INSPIRATIONAL MARKETING QUOTE
Paul Ryan once said …
“Behind every small business, there’s a story worth knowing. All the corner shops in our towns and cities, the cafes, dry cleaners, gyms, hair salons and hardware stores – these didn’t come out of nowhere.”
OVER TO YOU
What was your biggest marketing learning pr ah-ha moment from today’s episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to have and every one.