Alicia Shaffer is the biggest seller on eCommerce store Etsy. And that’s no mean feat given there’s 1.5 million stores on Etsy! However, the success she’s currently enjoying with Three Bird Nest didn’t come easily – like all successful business owners she’s tasted failure, but chosen to rise from the ashes.
In this inspiring fireside chat, you’ll discover:
- How to build a successful business on Etsy
- How to create a strong point-of-difference in a crowded market place
- Why starting a business with what you’ve got is best practice
- Why reinvesting your profits makes sense
- How to overcome adversity
- The importance of open communications with your business partners
- Why to never become complacent
- How to build a fun and shareable customer experience
- A very clever pricing strategy
- And plenty more marketing G O L D !
I also share an experience I had on live TV just last week.
Yep, it’s another big show. Let’s get stuck right into episode 235 of Australia’s #1 marketing podcast. Go!
- 00:33 Welcome and overview of today’s episode
- 02:12 Checking in on your week
- 04:27 Online marketing tips from Netregistry
- 05:58 I introduce today’s guest top-selling Etsy store owner, Alicia Shaffer
- 07:10 My chat with Alicia Shaffer of Three Bird Nest
- 50:38 My top 10 learnings from my interview with Alicia
- 54:04 Motivational marketing quote of the week
- 54:37 Wrap-up and insight into next week’s guest
Today’s Episode Sponsor (please support them)
Netregistry Get your online marketing sorted!
Resources & links mentioned in this episode
- Three Bird Nest official website
- Three Bird Nest on Etsy
- Need a marketing speaker? Book keynote speaker Tim Reid
Tweetables – Share The Love
My Top 10 Marketing Tips from my chat with top Etsy seller Alicia Shaffer of Three Bird Nest:
- This too, shall pass. Every business owner hits road bumps along the way. The successful ones tough them out, coming out the other side scathed, but better for it.
- Stand out in a world of sameness. I loved Alicia’s simple idea of using a human and not a mannequin to show off her products.
- Start with what you’ve got. You don’t need the best of everything to have a successful business.
- If you love what you do, time becomes irrelevant. Alicia sifted through photos at 2:00AM when the kids were asleep!
- Reinvest your profits back in to the business. Avoid buying unnecessary luxuries when you’re trying to build something.
- Continual fine tuning of all your business processes.
- Be excited to ‘ship’. I loved Alicia’s phrase “I love delivering Xmas!”
- Have fun building an amazing customer experience.
- Listen to your customers. Often!
- Give more thought to your pricing. Alicia’s strategy of everything ending in 80 cents is genius.
Inspirational Marketing Quote of the Week
“If you’re a good marketing person, you have to be a little crazy.”
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.