eBay’s leading fishing tackle seller shares some marketing gems that have application across all types of business – online and offline. Listen in and you’ll not only discover how to run an eBay business, but be reminded of some basic marketing fundamentals when it comes to sharing your products or services with the world.
Paul Nieuwenhuys launched his eBay store – Hooked Online & Sinker – 5 years ago. Amazingly it was his first step in to eCommerce, and as of today he’s sold close to $3,000,000 of hooks, lines and sinkers!
Listen in as we cover:
- Why every business should have an eCommerce section on their website
- How to create an unforgettable customer experience
- Why eBay versus an online store
- How to attract and retain passionate staff
- The importance of work / life balance
- And plenty more marketing gold
Yep, you’ll be hooked (soz ;0)
Let’s get stuck in to another big episode of Australia’s best marketing podcast.
00:36 Welcome & overview
03:05 Today’s guest introduction – Paul from Hooked Online
05:19 Interview withPaul from Hooked Online – Part 1
19:22 Insights in to Key Person Of Influence
20:22 Interview withPaul from Hooked Online – Part 2
49:00 My top 3 marketing learnings fro my chat withPaul from Hooked Online
51:16 Motivational marketing quote of the week
51:30 Wrap-up and insights in to next week’s guests
EPISODE SPONSORS (PLEASE SUPPORT THEM)
Grab a free hard or audio copy of the Key Person Of Influence Amazon best-seller book
This book is red hot. Not to be read in bed. Way too stimulating.
Register for a Key Person Of Influence Brand Accelerator live event
8-hours of business-changing content. No BS.
Choose a FREE audio book from 180,000 titles
What are you up for? Business? Horror? Romance? It’s all here.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
Paul’s eBay store – Hooked Online & Sinker
Hooked Online on Facebook (let him know you heard him on the show)
(GO ON, SHARE THE LOVE, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO)
MY TOP 3 MARKETING TIPS FROM THIS EPISODE
- No matter what business you’re in, get your fundamentals right when describing your products or services. Have clear images, engaging (unique) copy, obvious contact details and calls to action, guarantees etc.
- Add an eCommerce component to your offering. It doesn’t need to be every product or service – maybe apply it to the 20% of your offerings that generate 80% of your revenue.
- What products or services could you combine to create a more compelling offer?
INSPIRATIONAL MARKETING QUOTE
“Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm”
Sir Winston Churchill
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.