Picture this. You’re out at the clothes line hanging your wife’s little black dress, when suddenly you’re struck by an idea. No, not to put her dress on, but to add a hook to the peg. The next thing you know you’ve invented the Heg, and you’re producing 53,000,000 of them in your first full year.
Since taking his idea to a reality, launching Hegs in October 2013, he’s had a crazy 18-months:
- He’s gone global
- In his first two pitches to supermarket chains he got stocked in 1,400 outlets
- He recently raised $380,000 on Shark Tank TV
Listen in and you’ll:
- Be taken behind-the-scenes of Scott’s innovation process
- Become a patent aficionado!
- Get more insights in to appearing on Shark Tank
- Get Scott’s view on Made In Australia marketing
Yep, it’s another big show. Let’s get stuck right into Australia’s #1 marketing podcast.
- 00:39 Welcome and overview of today’s episode
- 01:57 Checking in on your week
- 03:22 Online marketing tips from Netregistry
- 04:19 I introduce today’s guest Scott Boocock of Hegs
- 05:12 Interview with Scott Boocock
- 29:22 My top 3 learnings from my interview with Scott
- 31:02 Motivational marketing quote of the week
- 31:16 Wrap-up and insight into next week’s guest
Today’s Episode Sponsor (please support them)
Netregistry Get your online marketing sorted!
The Small Business Big Marketing Forum
Resources & links mentioned in this episode
Tweetables – Share The Love
My Top 3 Marketing Tips from my chat with Scott Boocock of Hegs:
- Don’t wait for everything to be perfect. There’ll never be the perfect time to pursue your dreams.
- Seek out mentors. That doesn’t mean having to go on Shark Tank; but do look for others who k, innovationnow a little more than you do and are willing to share their experiences.
- Get clear on your key messages – I love Scott’s repeating of his line “No more peg marks, sun marks or line marks>”
Inspirational Marketing Quote of the Week
“Marketing is telling the world you’re a rockstar. Helpful marketing is showing the world you are one.”
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.