If the very idea of multi-level marketing (also known as network marketing) sends you running for the hills, you might (I say might!) have a change of heart after listening to this episode with Paul McAneny, Australia’s second largest distributer of Isagenix products. Entering this interview, I was very open about my own views regarding multi-level marketing, but (putting aside the business principles of newtork marketing) it’s clear Paul and his wife, Suzanne, are making a great living, and have some extremely valuable insights to share.
Listen in as Paul sheds light on the difference between multi-level marketing and pyramid schemes, and shares some of the lessons he’s learned from 29 years in network marketing. For Paul, his #1 priority is to always come from the heart and to relate to people on a personal level by sharing his own stories – and that’s how he has grown his earnings to $2 million in sales per month in his Isagenix business.
Still have some doubts about network marketing and or the Isagenix business? Paul has kindly made himself available to answer any questions – call him on +61 (0)449 782 668 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
See how you feel after listening to the full episode. Press play now.
- 3.45 Make sure that you have 99Designs.com/sbbm bookmarked. Listeners of the show get a free Power Pack to boost their designs!
- 5.30 I’m on a blog post challenge with my Son. Why don’t you set a blog challenge for yourself?
- 7.30 Getting to grips with some Marketing GOLD from inside the Small Business Big Marketing forum.
- 10.00 Introducing Paul Mcaneny, the second largest distributer of Isagenix products in Asutralia.
- 13.15 What is multi-level marketing and how does it differ from franchises and pyramid schemes?
- 21.00 Multi-level marketing as a global phenomenan – not just something that exists in Australia.
- 22.00 The importance of looking at trends. Isagenix works because it is riding the trend of weight management, health, and fitness.
- 25.00 Paul shares some of his life story with us, from quitting the polic force to embarking on a course of personal development.
- 30.00 The three things that Paul’s multi-level marketing mentors taught him when he started out in 1985.
- 32.00 Paul’s commitment to approaching business from the heart instead of the head.
- 38.30 The importance of sharing your life stories and experiences to engage people.
- 41.00 What is Paul’s superpower?
- 45.30 Multi-level marketing and overheads – there aren’t any!
- 48.00 How Paul and his wife lost everything in 2010 but bounced back.
- 64.45 My top three learnings from chatting with Paul.
- 66.30 If you have any questions for Paul, you can contact him on +61 (0)449 782 668 or email@example.com
- 67.20 Quote of the week!
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Isagenix Australia official website
- Netregistry: Get your online marketing questions answered free
- www.99Designs.com.au/sbbm: For logo design, brochure design, and more. Grab your exclusive listener upgrade at this link.
- The last discussion I had about network marketing with Kody Bateman of Send Out Cards
- My 14-Day Blog Challenge
- The Small Business Big Marketing Forum
My Top 3 Learnings
My top three takeaways from chatting with Paul are:
1. Look out for trends and apply them in your business. This is exactly what the folk at Isagenix have done – weight management, health, and fitness are big areas of opportunity.
2. HELP. Yep, the more help you can give, the more success you will get.
3. Share your life experiences. Be open with people and tell a story. Every business is about forming relationships and you do this through emotional connection.
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.