Real estate success story turned global inspirational speaker Kirsty Spraggon is my guest today. Get this … before Kirsty turned 30, she earned a lazy $1,000,000 in real estate commissions in the sleepy hollow of Perth, Western Australia. In fact, she was ranked in the top 100 of RE/Max agents globally. 121,000 of them. No mean feat! Now, at the wise old age of 32, she hosts a popular YouTube channel called KirstyTV, is a world renowned motivational speaker, recently revealed her deepest, darkest secret on a TEDx stage in Malibu, and is on her way to becoming the next Oprah Winfrey.
During my fireside chat with Kirsty, you’ll discover:
- How she exceeded in real estate at such a young age
- The importance of being selective
- Why referring is so important to your business growth
- How to avoid a break down
- The beauty of vulnerability in business
- And loads more
Plus I answer a listener question from Tammy Devenish of men’s underwear online retailer Reer Endz about how to make best use of press releases, and I share some insights in to what’s been a great week for me personally.
Yep, it’s another big show. Let’s get stuck right into episode 227 of Australia’s #1 marketing show. Go!
- 00:30 Welcome and overview of today’s episode
- 01:45 Time to check-in and see how your business week has been
- 05:33 A little sponsor love for Netregistry & 99Designs
- 07:39 Listener question about press releases
- 11:15 Timbo talks to real estate success story turned online TV host Kirsty Spraggon
- 53:34 My top 5 learnings from my chat with Kirsty Spraggon
- 55:56 Inspirational marketing quote of the week
- 56:36 Close
Today’s Episode Sponsors (please support them 🙂
99Designs Get your $99 power pack of services FREE!
Netregistry Get your online marketing sorted!
Resources & links mentioned in this episode
- Kirsty Spraggon’s official website
- KirstyTV official website
- Kirsty Spraggon’s TEDx talk
- Need a marketing speaker? Book Timbo.
My Top 5 Marketing Tips from my chat with Kirsty Spraggon:
- Spend time building relationships and in doing so, respect a 9-18 month incubation period. Nothing happens overnight.
- Go where the energy is – be selective about who you choose to work with.
- Be a great referrer.
- Set boundaries in your business or you’ll end up under the doona.
- Be a little vulnerable in business.
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.
7 thoughts on “227 – How to earn a million dollars by 30, then become a globally successful speaker, along the way reveal your darkest secret on a TEDx stage and launch a hugely popular online TV show. Kirsty Spraggon has done just that!”
One of the best interviews I’ve hear, really more like a fireside chat, so relaxed and the information and takeaways were awesome.
Love your work,
Thanks Fred. Very kind words, mate. Every now and then I get a guest who fits right in ;0)
Fantastic interview with the awesome Kirsty. Got so much value from it. But I think I need to stop listening to your podcast in the car! Desperately need to capture the thoughts and ideas I have when listening to it as they don’t always come back to me when I try listening a second time.
Hi Kirsty, nice work on the sales!
Out of interest how many houses did you have to sell to reach a commission of $1m? what was the average sale price?
Sorry I’m so inquisitive..I just love numbers…I’m one of those people with a ‘I love Spreadsheets’ coffee mug on my work desk.
The Fat Badger
Great interview and such amazing courage from Kirsty. I don’t think there are many that could face their fears in such a public way. She deserves all the success she achieves.
Just another big THANK YOU for answering my question on this Pod Cast! and for always delivering such great content and ideas! #coveryourz
Long time listener (I even know who Lukey is), first time commenter (is that a word?).
Great interview and she sounds like a great person.
Have just signed up for my first 99 designs project for a new logo and used your upgrade pack so hopefully they keep up the sponsorship.