Find out how Daniel Perry from Handyman Startup uses transparency as a marketing strategy to grow his business and how content marketing and podcasting has helped other tradies with their businesses.
This week I also answer a question from James requesting a marketing checklist to help him get started with his new food distribution business; I give you an update on the Thankyou water brand; and I discuss an email I received from a not-so-happy camper. Then I share some great feedback from a listener who is not a business owner or entrepreneur, but listens to the show to stay current in the marketing arena and for inspiration.
Listen up as I talk with Daniel about his business strategy and why he got started as a handyman with his own blog … here is what we discuss:
- How narrowing in on a niche has provided more specific and valuable information for customers.
- Why transparency seems to be working as a business strategy that brings in customers.
- How looking at your business objectively helps you determine what your business needs.
- How measuring and evaluating business activities leads to a better understanding of your business.
- Why assessing what is working with your marketing and what you are wasting money on is important.
- How to determine what is driving sales and where to focus your attention.
- Why a ‘how to’ section has provided value for his niche.
- The option of alternative revenue streams and what you can introduce beyond your services.
- How to make better use of your sales funnel and some strategies for bringing people deeper into the shaft.
- Why content marketing, podcasting, and internet marketing is working even for traditional businesses like trade services.
- Plus I help Daniel with an idea for packaging an existing product to make it easier for customers to buy.
Stay tuned as I switch to soapbox mode to have a whinge about my experience with purchasing the new iPhone 5s and what I think could have been done better.
Join me in the Small Business Big Marketing Forum where there is plenty going on. At the moment we are discussing topics such as how to attract more franchisees; how to deal with rude customers; the power of focusing on one thing at a time. We also now have the Winners’ Circle, where business owners can share their wins, so join us for a discussion. Become a Member here.
If you like what you hear then have your say in the comment section below. If you didn’t like what you hear, then I would still love to hear from you.
Feel free to leave a comment below, on the Small Business Big Marketing Facebook page, or join fellow motivated business owners in the Small Business Big Marketing Forum.
Let’s get that marketing discussion happening.
Until next time, may your marketing be the best marketing …
Timbo Reid – Marketing Speaker
Host of Australia’s #1 Marketing Show