Cold calling freaks out many small business owners. But done correctly, it’s a great marketing strategy to help generate more enquiry and sales. This week I talk with Jenny Cartwright, cold calling & telesales expert from Telesales Training and we come up with answers to your most pressing cold calling questions. Are you ready to discover how to use cold calling to grow your business?!
During my fireside chat, Jenny answers questions from Small Business Big Marketing Forum members that will help you to gain a better understanding of the benefits of cold calling and how to get the results you deserve:
- How to get the edge over your competitors, who don’t use the phone, to connect with potential customers.
- How to arm yourself with information to get the answer you want from the decision maker.
- Why cold calling can help you create more leads and who you should be calling.
- How to get past the ‘gate keeper’ (Dobermans).
- How you overcome the mindset of ‘fear’ to make a call.
- Why following up with a phone call makes a difference to the conversion.
- Some great opening lines and how to get more information from the prospect.
- Phrases and habits that are ‘call killers’.
- What’s the target conversion rate for cold and follow up calls?
- 3 ways to get referrals.
- Outsourcing the role of telemarketer.
- How to build rapport.
- How to change a cold call into a warm call.
- When not to cold call.
- How to deal with ‘fob offs’.
- Top 3 closing statements that get results.
- How to overcome objections.
- What is 75% more important than anything else on the call.
- Why outsourcing is not the best option and what to do about it.
Plus I answer a listener question from Dr Gemma, a Clinical Psychologist, who asks about marketing a service business. I recommend a list of different strategies to help with services marketing and refer to some past guest podcasts that may assist – Andrew Mattner; Charles Badenach; Tristan White; and Daniel Archow.
I also discuss feedback I received from small business owners who previously struggled and are now getting great results. Zoran of myfitnessteam.com.au talks about how he related to last week’s episode with Dave Warne, Sydney Tall Ships and how the show has helped and motivated him to grow a strong, successful business.
One last thing, last week I sent out an email about a new Content Marketing Accelerator Program, the program has now been delayed due to the upcoming festive season, however, I am considering setting up a content marketing strategy webinar before the end of the year to answer your questions.
Next week we discuss ‘how to add additional revenue streams’, so if you are looking for strategies to make more money then you won’t want to miss it.
Join me in the Small Business Big Marketing Forum where there is plenty going on around podcasting, marketing training, and much more. We also now have the Winners’ Circle, where business owners can share their wins, so join us for a discussion. Become a Member here.
If you like what you hear then have your say in the comment section below. If you didn’t like what you heard, then I would still love to hear from you.
Feel free to leave a comment below, on the Small Business Big Marketing Facebook page, or join fellow motivated business owners in the Small Business Big Marketing Forum. Let’s get that marketing discussion happening.
Until next time, may your marketing be the best marketing …
Timbo Reid – Marketing Speaker
Host of Australia’s #1 Marketing Show