Bali-based Sam Stevenson of Pared Handmade Eyewear talks about how she turned her passion into a successful business. In only one year Sam’s unique product and drive has thrown her into a flooded market where she has been able to create a quality, designer brand of sunglasses that she hopes celebrities and fashion icons will be wearing all over the world. Sam talks about:
- Getting attention in a crowded marketplace.
- Staying focused when working in an area where there are lots of distractions.
- The importance of packaging & printing.
- Things to consider when working with companies located overseas.
- Outsourcing and how it is helping the business to move forward.
- Getting around the fake/cheap brand issues.
- Creating an experience for the customer.
- Why you should treat an online order as a special customer.
- What differences you can make when entering a crowded market.
- What sets her brand apart from similar brands.
- How office location can save money.
Special Offer on Pared Sunnies
Sam has generously offered SBBM listeners $50 off on her eyewear range. Visit the online store and type SWIM into the discount field and click update to receive this special offer off your online purchase.
- Denna asks how she can get the small business owner to understand why a marketing strategy is so important. I offer my tips on helping the client to be more receptive by asking a series of questions that will help determine the steps needed for a marketing action plan.
- Alex Messini wants to shed the corporate shackles and asks about how to turn a passion into a business, so I give some advice on how to determine what your dream looks like and the steps you need to get there. I also suggest some questions to ask to determine blockages.
Upcoming Content Marketing Webinar
As promised, my Content Marketing Webinar is now scheduled for Wednesday, 4 December. Click HERE to find out more and sign up because we are going to discuss what content marketing actual is; why content marketing is important; how to implement content marketing strategies; how to define your editorial mission; how to never run out of content; 3 forms of content marketing; and much more.
Also, in the forum this week it has been very interesting, with two members going head-to-head in a competition to create the best marketing video. Need a little push, maybe there is a member waiting in the forum that could challenge you. So join us in the Small Business Big Marketing Forum where there is plenty to discuss. Become a Member here.
If you like what you hear then have your say in the comment section below. If you didn’t like what you heard, then I would still love to hear from you.
Feel free to leave a comment below, on the Small Business Big Marketing Facebook page, or join fellow motivated business owners in the Small Business Big Marketing Forum. Let’s get that marketing discussion happening.
Until next time, may your marketing be the best marketing …
Timbo Reid – Marketing Speaker
Host of Australia’s #1 Marketing Show