It’s funny business time again and a chance for Andrew Griffiths (Australia’s top small business author) to get together with me, Tim Reid (Australia’s top marketing speaker and podcaster). In this episode of Funny Business we get into a heavy discussion about tribes and how to grow a healthy one; what to do with feedback; tactic for getting through the gate keeper; a ninja tip for smashing your ‘to do’ list; and some enlightening listener comments.
There is a lot of marketing gold for business owners in this episode including:
- How to focus on your ‘to do’ list and get results.
- What is a tribe.
- Why you should build a tribe.
- How to create a healthy tribe.
- How you can make your customers feel they are a part of something great by adding value.
- How to bring your tribe together.
- Why you should think deeper about feedback before actioning it.
- What to consider when actioning feedback.
- How to get through the gatekeeper to the person you need to talk to.
- Where to look for new ideas to grow your business.
- Why you should look ‘at’ your business from a customer’s point of view.
- Why you should be comparing your business with other business types.
- And heaps more.
- Ian Manning from Orthocore provides some interesting feedback on what he learned from the Cold Calling episode with Jenny Cartwright.
Webinars coming up
Content marketing has been instrumental in growing my business exponentially in the past 5 years. I’m now ready to show you how to do the same, so 2014 can be your biggest year ever. So don’t forget to sign up to attend my Content Marketing webinar, it’s on this Wednesday.
PLUS Netregistry have an Online Marketing Workshop on Wednesday, 4 December at their Sydney offices. Click here to register … it’s free for SBBM listeners. Click ‘Register’ and type the promo code SBBM13 into the field.
Keep a look out for some webinars coming up during 2014.
Have you checked out the Small Business Big Marketing Forum? Each week we talk about different marketing and business experiences and help each other solve some interesting problems. Become a Member here.
Join the conversation by leaving a comment below or connect with me and other like minded listeners on the Small Business Big Marketing Facebook page, or join fellow motivated business owners in the Small Business Big Marketing Forum. Let’s get that marketing discussion happening. Until next time, may your marketing be the best marketing … Timbo Reid – Marketing Speaker Host of Australia’s #1 Marketing Show.