Wondering how to elevate yourself above the masses in your industry and stand out as THE go-to person for big brands, the media, and (of course) hordes of keen customers? Well, this week’s guest, Tracy Angwin of the Australian Payroll Association, has done just that. And in one of the most boring (as she admits) industries going around – Payroll! (I’m falling asleep just typing that word…).
Tracy explains exactly how she went from being just another cog in the giant corporate machine to demanding 4x her previous consulting fees and being hunted down by national organisations such as TAFE and retail giants to educate people about her area of expertise.
How did she do it? Tune in to this week’s episode and find out, as Tracy reveals all under Timbo’s relentless grilling.
Also in this episode: Tim answer’s a listener question about whether to host your podcasts on your main site or to create a dedicated site. Tim also shares an exciting development from the Small Business Big Marketing forum community. Plus news about the upcoming Key Person of Influence event where you can learn to dominate YOUR industry like Tracy and other successful small businesses are doing right now. And find out about the Small Business Big Marketing February Melbourne Meetup. It’s free!
In this session of Small Business Big Marketing, you’ll discover:
- How to establish yourself as an authority in your industry using this simple 5-step formula developed for the Key Person Of Influence program
- How to step up and take your entire industry to a new level by actually creating the rules that the others have to play by!
- A dirt simple, under-used method of engaging with your customers that got Tracy more than 1800 responses
- How to seek out and form partnerships with big players in your industry and beyond, taking their authority and using it as your own
- The ONE THING Tracy did that turned it all around – she wishes she did it years ago. Will you be wishing you did too?
- And, in listener question time, find out where to host your content such as podcasts, videos, and blog articles for maximum impact
- PLUS, news about the upcoming Key Person of Influence event, the SBBM Melbourne February meetup, and exciting developments in the SBBM community forum
- 3.40 Introducing this week’s special guest, Tracy Angwin
- 9.00 Tracy gets stuck into the mindset in her industry describing the attitude to marketing as flabby and old fashioned
- 12.10 How to create your own accreditation program – taking on an industry and leading change
- 18.05 The 5-step program Tracy used to become more visible and connected in her industry
- 22.45 Tracy explains the one project she completed that had a massive impact on impressing clients and prospects
- 27.00 Tim and Tracy discuss quality vs quantity and how it affects your content marketing efforts
- 30.55 Tracy reveals the best email marketing discovery she ever made
- 34.00 How to stop trading your time for money and create products that allow you to scale your business
- 37.00 An under-used tactic that gets your customers and prospects raving about your business
- 41.00 How to form partnerships with major organisations to build credibility and authority
- 43.00 Tracy’s parting tip for small business owners – this one is right up Tim’s alley!
- 49.00 Listener question about podcasting and where to host your content
- 53.30 Exciting developments in the Small Business Big Marketing forum community
Resources and Links Mentioned in This Episode
- www.ThePayrollRevolution.com.au – Tracy’s website and blog
- Adobe Business Catalyst content management and newsletter system
- Aweber email marketing software
- Episode #131 on email marketing with Shayne Tilley
- Fluid Surveys
- Key Person of Influence Brand Accelerator Program
- Melbourne Small Business Big Marketing Meetup
- Join the Small Business Big Marketing community
Did you enjoy this episode? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
Click here to visit our Facebook page and leave a comment about the show.
Click here to tell us on Twitter what you thought of the show.
Subscribe to the Small Business Big Marketing podcast
Click here to subscribe to Small Business Big Marketing in iTunes
Join the Small Business Big Marketing online community
We’re building something big over at the Small Business Big Marketing online community forum. Drop by and say hi – soak up some marketing gold!
Over to you!
Let us know YOUR key takeaways from this episode in the comments section below.
1 thought on “How to dominate your industry in 5-Steps without spending a fortune, with Tracy Angwin.”
This was great Timbo! Thanks. I’m halfway through reading the KPI book and it was fantastic to hear Tracy’s story. Keep em coming mate!